Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat Exchangers
1 August 2023, 08:29,
RE: Heat Exchangers
I dont believe the survival rate will be anything like 10%, more like 5% or 3%.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 August 2023, 22:48,
Talk of 90% of the population dying from hypothermia is venturing into the realm of fantasy.
2 August 2023, 07:39,
hypothermia, heat exhaustion, lack of water, lack of food, medical conditions, take your pick.
the systems we all rely on are breaking at the seams now never mind later.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 August 2023, 08:13,
"Normalcy Bias" is why the mortality rate will be huge, many people cannot see anything bad happening when the evidence is all around us.
2 August 2023, 12:47,
We don't live in the 1900s any longer. Most people don't know how to look after themselves when the supermarkets are closed. Many more percentage wise live in cities which they didn't before. I think that the survivors will be from outside the city but those places will be invaded by younger fitter people escaping the cities. I believe 90% is a reasonable figure for the UK.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 August 2023, 12:59,
I think 90% is the starting figure.
but you are right SD, most people dont have a clue how to look after themselves when all the systems have collapsed.
about 80% now live in Britain's cities, it may be slightly more than that now, I did the figures and it works out to 80%+.
I dont know about people leaving the cities, especially younger ones who have never seen an open fire or seen a plant in its natural state, dont forget we have an obesity crisis in this country and most of that is the younger generation living off take aways and chemically filled ready meals.
2 August 2023, 17:47,
You will never see a 90% population reduction unless it is due to nuclear war.

As soon as any "die off" starts and your law enforcement and coast watch defenses go down due to some "unknown catastrophe" your shores will be swarmed by a horde of European, African and mid eastern invaders. People with better genetics, more skills and women conditioned to have larger families.

This ain't the first rodeo you have had. The entire British genome is from somewhere else! And they all arrived before motorboats were around.

Neanderthals were displaced by Paleo hunters, they were replaced by Mesolithic hunters, they were replaced by neolithic hunter/farmers and they were replaced by the bronze age invasions, then Iron age farmers. Then the Romans and after them the Anglo-Saxons.

Genetics is starting to show that those were not evolutions, they were invasions that replaced whole segments of the populations.

As of June 2022, 15% of the UK population was born somewhere else. In your major cities they were 37%.

You can't even keep the present invaders out now, legal or otherwise!
2 August 2023, 19:24,
In the town in which we live, “White English” are 42% of the population.

You have 2nd and 3rd generation asian, 2nd generation afro-caribbean, Polish and other eastern european, most of these would fare no better than us “english” after

I say i’m English but as a matter of fact I have Scandinavian and Welsh (don’t tell SS) blood in me.

Humanoid life began in africa, homo sapiens spread into europe from middle east.

MB is correct, we are a mongrel race, even the celts, who became the “Britons”, the Welsh, Cornish and Irish, came from continental europe, probably before the Channel flooded.

I think if a complete collapse does occur, die off will be much less than you expect, the human race is very adaptable, look what has happened in the bombed out towns and cities of Ukraine.
2 August 2023, 19:29,
........... most of these would fare no better than us “english” after a complete collapse.
3 August 2023, 08:22,
we give people too much credit, we saw in the pandemic how people panicked and the reports of mental health issues during this time went through the roof, once all the systems shut down the panicked masses will not have a clue what to do they are so removed from any knowledge or skill base, its always some one else's job to sort out the mess.
the incomers will stay with their own communities, if anyone lives just outside a big city yes they will have problems with looters and scavengers but any further than that without fuel or supplies or hand outs nobody is going far, all these so called "migrants" travelled here in the good times when help was available, once TSHTF everyone's hand will be against them.