Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food shortages
19 May 2022, 14:21,
RE: Food shortages
Mary the younger generation have not been brought up to think for themselves, the modern lifestyle dosent allow it, most do not know where or how their food is produced as long as it is in the supermarket for them to buy that is all that matters.
they have never had to stock a larder, lay an open fire in a fire place, or cut their own firewood.
as long as they have their technology thats all that matters.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 May 2022, 14:42,
Exactly, Paul. Frightening isn't it. Actually the prospect of a load of ignorant panicking idiots worries me more than the actual crisis!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
19 May 2022, 15:01,
Yes Mary it amazes us ....daily ! I also agree with BPs last post ! But you can’t place all the blame on them or the parents , in times when there’s been plenty ! And they have known nothing else ....to them it’s normal to have plenty ! Not forgetting most leave the realms of their educational years with thirty thousand in debt to start their working lives which has to be paid back ....so they are in the shit before they start anything ! That’s if they can get a good job in their particular area of their expertises and study .....many will just settle for part time low paid jobs and continue to suck on the tits of the parents / government .
19 May 2022, 15:03,
dosent frighten me one bit, because when the crisis, any crisis, hits these people wont be able to cope and many will not survive because they dont have the experience of life to be able to manage, unless they get help from the government- fat chance of that!- or some charity(food banks only have so much stock and if there is a crisis the donations will stop), these people cannot think for themselves, if they cant look it up on Google they are lost.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 May 2022, 15:30,
Well it frightens me BP ! .....do you honestly believe they will curl up and die ? ...well I don’t ......that makes them a real threat ! And dangerous plus there will be loads of them ! ....have a plan B my friend just in case .
19 May 2022, 16:37,
I dont think they will just curl up and die SS, but die they will without skills and knowledge.
sure there will be violence but that will be in the cities, young people dont want to live in rural areas- nothing for them to do, as we all know they have this need to be entertained, my generation found their own entertainment.
in a crisis these people wont have a clue and once they have stolen some food or attempted to anyway! their time will be limited, I dont know about where you live my friend but people here arent going to put up with thieves and criminals. not that there will be much left here by the time anyone gets here even if they make it this far which I seriously doubt.
19 May 2022, 17:55,
No one has noticed the primary point of what I posted.

You are still staring at your belly button.

You talk about the collapse of the social order, the fall of society, but you really can not comprehend it outside the rules and parameters of your ordered lives.

You are still working the numbers without realizing that it takes 100% of your food imports to feed the nation so a 30% reduction means in the area of 20,000,000 deaths, not 20,000,000 people a little inconvenienced.

Still basing your thoughts and plans on the reactions to the mild events you have observed in the past. Still boosting each other up with the surety that your generation is better than any that have followed. You are still thinking your nation will escape the nature of people in famine mode because of the inherent laziness of your population.

The one single thing all these nations, cultures, societies that are running out of food have in common is that they may sit and took at their cell phones right up until they realize "I'm hungry", then they start tearing stuff up.

They are not curling up and dying. They are not sitting in their homes and wasting away without reactions.

They may die, true, but they are taking down governments, killing lots of people and burning things down and stripping the country before they die.

Once they realize their search for food is a life or death struggle all the rules are swept aside and without some heavy defensive measures your meager stash will soon be looted.

It will be a door by door search with no door ignored or left unopened. Don't worry about living on what you stashed under the floors, or buried in the garden, they will probably kill you when they smash in the doors.

In GB you have a concentrated population that is closer to whatever your BIL or BOL might be. The boundaries between city and country have been erased and merge in the thing we call suburbia. There is always another house or cottage or village just down the road a bit, or around the next bend. Once you start looking for food you don't stop at the city limits sign.

The starving people do not have to walk very far before they find you. You may think you are alone and isolated, but the walk from east to west is only about an eight day trip, the walk from north to south perhaps a 15 day effort if you find some grub along the way.

More importantly, no one in GB is more than a two day walk from a population center. It might not be a city of a million, but a small town of a couple thousand starving folks will do. And they are more likely to know exactly who the "nut job preppers" are and where they live.

You can easily walk from one side of your nation to the other from the time you miss your first meal until you starve.

These people are not knocking on doors and politely walking away when told there is no food. They are killing people in their desperation.

Is this the SHTF you have been so desperately craving?

It appears there will be a lot of he!! to go through before reaching the 19th century utopian existence of the pure and natural feudal world of Ivanhoe.

But they won't come to your house, will they?
19 May 2022, 18:19,
MB you really have got to stop trying to wind people up. It's naughty!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
19 May 2022, 22:51,
MB, I'm sure you've seen old photos from your 19th century gold rush? What happened when one person thought they found gold? They all practically murdered each other in the stampede to get to the jackpot winner...

Even organised groups will start to turn on one another and destroy each other. It's happening now in a political sense within the woke world. The same thing on steroids will happen if it becomes an actual physical struggle for survival.
Ịn the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!
20 May 2022, 08:11,
it may seem to an American that the UK is a small country and compared to the US it is, but expecting people to walk hundreds of miles is not logical.
in the capital and around it and around some of the large northern cities then yes stealing and violence will occur, but some of our more rural areas are a long walk from even a small city and are hundreds of miles from a large city.
I have never been a subscriber to the horde theory, oh it may be possible in America with their pioneering history but in Britain we dont have a history of evacuating and this is a country where everyone drives or uses public transport, not only that we have an obesity crisis due to the availability of fast food, whilst looting is a distinct possibility in the cities it is most unlikely that any looters will get any further than the city suburbs especially by walking.
people would need to use the least exertion to get the most from their looting enterprises and that would be nullified by walking for days and weeks.