Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longest, Deepest Recession in History?
19 December 2022, 14:16,
RE: Longest, Deepest Recession in History?
Charles,

To be honest everything is pretty much the same there as it is here/ We are ball led by incompetents and the reason that it will be the deepest and longest in history is we are led by the most useless, incompetents in history.

For many that is a fatal mistake as they chose between eating or heating. This generation are screwed every way they look and if we are unlucky our society won't make it. Our species may but it'll never dig itself out enough to get out into space.

I'm prepared for the next stage as much as I can be in this Disney country, whatever the next stage is, and beyond that is up to our descendants.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 December 2022, 18:16,
There are advantages to growing up in a home of modest means. Not impoverished, but frugal, resourceful and resilient. Knowing how to make do with less without whining about it. Those of you whose parents lived through WW2, rationing and postwar austerity will get by OK.

I have little sympathy for today's spoiled brats and their elitist greedy parents who voted for the criminals who created this mess.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
19 December 2022, 21:21,
OK then, explain which group of people that is now in charge did not have parents, grand parents of great grand parents that went through the Great Depression, WW2, and the post war austerity?

Did they just spring up out of a test tube?

The truth is that the system which we now ride was the "reset" put in place by that generation at the end of WW2. Those frugal people you admire put this mess on us!

And they were an entire population beset with the damage of PTSD due to long term trauma and deprivation. Good Lord my grandmother horded bits of string, tin foil, rubber bands and saved Christmas wrapping paper from year to year! My Grandad straightened nails for reuse. This was long into the 1980s, when prosperity had been acquired decades before.

I was there, so were some of you. They were self centered, miserly, hateful and often cruel. People trying to avoid their power are why we have all these over eager protest movements today!

They expected, due to repeated history, another reset war within 30 years. They knew that mathematically the new system would not support more than 4 generations. The "put in and take out" numbers just do not match for more than 70-80 years.

Due to fear of nukes we missed the "world war of the 1980s" and the reset at the third generation.

Due to the slight improvements is technology of that era we could have killed hundreds of millions using conventional weapons, checked population growth, and started over.
20 December 2022, 01:09,
Charles

I very much agree , looking back at times past is a good exercise , and much comfort can be had from looking back
It’s also a good reminder as to why we have arrived here to the present day ! It’s hard to reconcile what go's on now and make sense of it ! Living in the past and a forced living in the present and all the changes of the modern prospective ! …..trying to remain relevant is becoming difficult , especially when nobody wants to listen , as wild child says the upcoming generation knows no difference and will carry on oblivious and only know the way it is right now …..just like we did in our time . If you want to know how the future will unfold , all you need do is look through past history for the answers …..it’s all there ! The lesson is the repeating failure to learn from the same mistakes .
20 December 2022, 12:38,
most people in the UK are living for today, they have forgotten or ignored much of what went before, and have no skills or knowledge of anything other than what they earn their living from, anything else is viewed as old fashioned and sneered at.
consequently When, not if, any kind of event happens they will probably not be able to survive much more than a month, AT THE OUTSIDE, because they have nothing to fall back on, supplies, skills or knowledge will be missing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 February 2023, 18:12,
Any updates? What has been the effect of the strikes? Been quiet....

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
2 February 2023, 22:03,
Where to start Charles ? Corruption in politics , corruption in the police corruption in the banking system corruption in the media …….strikes ……As far as I can make out, are treated like a necessary inconvenience where no headway in sight from anyones prospective , all the while the wheels are coming off everywhere and off most areas ranging from supply of some things and price hiking upwards in small hits then some more coming and today the BOE raised interest rates and all I see is pitch folks parked against walls doing sweet FA , so things are going well Charles ! Our excepting population here in the UK must believe all is well , no need for action and continue to send aid to Ukraine while the gov sends tanks and who knows what else .

We have not seen anything yet Charles no matter where you are in the world , there’s a train coming and it’s picking up speed ( for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear ) .
2 February 2023, 22:34,
Sad to hear, but not surprising. Biden is trying to lead us down the same path. The nonbelievers are becoming restless. The steeple want the rabble to take over and get rid of law and order. The govt is encouraging anarchy by not giving the poor everything they want for free. First they must bankrupt the country. Will be interesting to see what happens to world economy when US defaults on its debt payments.

Tax the middle class to death. Let the poor riot, pillage and burn with no consequences. No cash bail. Release them with a desk appearance chit so they can continue with their class warfare. The White Man is The Devil!

While the filthy rich oligarchs rule, just like in Russia.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
3 February 2023, 14:53,
I dont know about a train coming SS not with the RMT on strike!!LOL.
TBH the strikes havent affected us one little bit, havent used a train in over 30 years, dont have kids at school and neither of us needs hospital treatment, the strikes have all gone on and we havent been inconvenienced one jot.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.