Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change of Season
1 September 2022, 03:41,
Change of Season
Good Lord it is September again!

I went to town and brought back more hardware and materials than I intended for the annual winterization. Foil tape, duct tape, Styrofoam board, fiberglass insulation, pipe wrap and heat tapes.

It is still summer here and the temps are rather moderate for this time of year. It is time to get to work on the projects that are necessary for winter and can not be done after the cold has set in.

My great concern at the moment is insulating the water line repair I just did so it does not have to be done again when it is -20 degrees under the house.
1 September 2022, 08:14,
RE: Change of Season
its cooler here but thats how I like it, its only autumn/fall as far as the weather forecasters are concerned for us ordinary plebs its still Summer, I am still picking my Tomatoes which are ripening more and more each day, eating our home grown Potatoes, we used a smaller potato as a seed potato so the results are smaller too, will use a larger potato for seeds next year.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 September 2022, 08:16,
We are pretty much up to date and ready for winter here , a few winter projects are planned for the workshop ......the only thing left to do for winter is digging out the stream trench ( by hand ) can’t get the digger in there but only 20ft run ....before the the mountain run off starts .
1 September 2022, 15:45,
Btw for the past few years a bad winter has been forecast but have amounted to nothing.....it’s the same for this coming winter....I’m sure the odds will eventually favour their forecast ......but things in the garden have come earlier this year......? ....my LPG bottles are coming tomorrow I have ordered extra .
1 September 2022, 15:46,
Btw I sorted out the run off trench .....job done !
24 September 2022, 05:07,
I got the water repair electrically heated, foam wrapped, fiber stuffed, Styrofoam enclosed and wind protected.

I actually built a little house under the big house just for that one pipe.

I have one door and one window that might give me problems this year so I need to get them sorted out. I can do that this weekend.