Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caffeine
2 November 2022, 22:55,
Tongue  Caffeine
This is getting bad and the problem is serious.

I now know that the zombie applause is not just possible, but eminent.

Coffee has doubled in price in the past 6 months!

Stay tuned for news of massacres, mass murders, serial road rage incidents, domestic disputes escalating to regional violence and downgrades in manufacturing production creating shipping and inventory shortages.
3 November 2022, 08:57,
RE: Caffeine
I drink instant coffee and that is the same price (in Lidl) it always has been.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 November 2022, 12:06,
Same over here MB coffee prices are going up especially for quality brands , I hold a huge amount ( mostly freeze dried ) instant and good old camp coffee ( liquid form ) I must have a good years worth at the least …..enough to out last my meds …..when all around are going nuts ….I will remain cool as a cucumber ! ….btw I used to buy Coffee from Lidl’s and Aldi's ….Colombian which was ok nothing wrong with it , but small jars when you look at the quantities of larger jars it just made more sense and savings for a quality coffee .
3 November 2022, 18:18,
I keep 3 liters of instant on hand as well as 4 or 5 7500 gram containers of ground roast.

I don't drink fancy coffee, just lots of coffee.
3 November 2022, 18:36,
Even if instant cakes up and turns into a brick in the jar it is still usable. Just chunk it up and dump a lump into your tin cup and give it a minute to dissolve.

Instant coffee was one of the first processed foods made in the mid 1800s. It was called desiccated coffee on the military inventories. We had it available during our Civil War in the 1860s and it had already been around a while.

They say an army marches on its stomach but it is really a coffee dependent mechanism.

We used to be taught that when a unit was in garrison there were three barter items that a unit leader must keep on hand always; coffee, paint, and lumber. You could always trade those items for anything an economy could produce, or another unit possessed.

Every meal in the military comes with fresh coffee served, and every ration pack contains some form of instant coffee.

In the economy coffee is an ever present energy boost and is usually offered free to the employees in the break rooms and snack bars. It is generally consumed instead of the energy drinks being so much promoted today due to the fact that it is FREE!

To this day I drink my coffee black due to not having enough time during between class breaks to doctor up a cup of coffee with exotic fixin's. You filled the cup with the steaming brew and hustled to the next class or the next conference.
4 November 2022, 09:45,
Coffee is not something I'm bothered about, we normally keep a stock of 6 large jars which will last us maybe 6 months at a push but once the system breaks down I'm not too concerned about not having coffee, its not top of my list for necessities.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 November 2022, 10:15,
I have a handful of the ground coffee packs from lidl. How long is it still good after the best before date expires?
Ịn the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!
4 November 2022, 11:06,
never bother about dates myself, use my taste, thats why we have a tongue.
if it tastes alright it probably is.
4 November 2022, 13:35,
Freeze dried coffee stores better than ground , I’m with BP on the taste test .