Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BOB Food
29 May 2013, 16:07,
RE: BOB Food
Ragman, i'd be happy with that selection if i was avoiding ration packs

though personally i'd go for traditional spaghetti, it takes up less space leaving more room for something else, or meaning you can carry more per cm3.

i'm actually gonna add spaghetti to my bag, worst comes to the worst i can use it as a filler in my BIB pouches, making them go further!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
29 May 2013, 22:19,
(29 May 2013, 16:07)Binnie Wrote: Ragman, i'd be happy with that selection if i was avoiding ration packs

though personally i'd go for traditional spaghetti, it takes up less space leaving more room for something else, or meaning you can carry more per cm3.

i'm actually gonna add spaghetti to my bag, worst comes to the worst i can use it as a filler in my BIB pouches, making them go further!

I did consider Spaghetti, but the pasta twist I have are tiny (around 1cm) and to cook them you just add them to just boiled water and leave for 2 mins stir and eat...they use them in those pasta pot thingies (like pot noodles)...at home i usually add them to cuppa soup for some texture.

Thinking of that I should really add a handful of cuppa soups..... and a resealable packet of Minstrels for moral purposes :-)
30 May 2013, 06:49,
Yes, that makes perfect sense, Where did you get that pasta? i've never noticed it in shops?

Scrap the minstrels, go for revels, any coffee hating muggers and looters ain't gonna ask you for a sweet!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
30 May 2013, 08:56,
When using protein powder be aware of a few things.

1) have experience using the powder certain brands (usually the cheaper stuff) can result in gastrointestinal distress which is the last thing you want when bugging anywhere.
2) they can be a pain in the ass to mix sometimes.
3) Shorter chains of protein are whey protein. Longer chains are called Casein. whey will digest faster and turn into energy when the body is low on carbs. This means that the whey will go into energy instead of going into repair/growth.
4) Go for a protein & Carb mix as that will suit your needs more than just whey isolate.

I have extensive knowledge on this as it was my job, involved in my hobbies and I did a lot on it in Uni so any questions on it feel free to ask Smile
30 May 2013, 10:46, (This post was last modified: 30 May 2013, 10:59 by The Ragman.)
(30 May 2013, 06:49)Binnie Wrote: Yes, that makes perfect sense, Where did you get that pasta? i've never noticed it in shops?

Scrap the minstrels, go for revels, any coffee hating muggers and looters ain't gonna ask you for a sweet!

Ew!! coffee .....Yuk!! knowing my luck i'd buy the only packet in the world with just coffee in it....not worth the risk...LOL

(30 May 2013, 08:56)SecretPrepper Wrote: When using protein powder be aware of a few things.

1) have experience using the powder certain brands (usually the cheaper stuff) can result in gastrointestinal distress which is the last thing you want when bugging anywhere.
2) they can be a pain in the ass to mix sometimes.
3) Shorter chains of protein are whey protein. Longer chains are called Casein. whey will digest faster and turn into energy when the body is low on carbs. This means that the whey will go into energy instead of going into repair/growth.
4) Go for a protein & Carb mix as that will suit your needs more than just whey isolate.

I have extensive knowledge on this as it was my job, involved in my hobbies and I did a lot on it in Uni so any questions on it feel free to ask Smile

I agree, I was in this field for a while myself as I was a Strongman before retiring to a life of eating cake, writing bad poetry and pleasure painting, so I've used them all and found what works for me.

I use a mix of Reflex whey as a standard (as it mixes the best and tastes ok), but I'm moving more towards a plant based diet these days and will be switching with my next shop to their Vegan protien which is made from a mix of Hemp and Yellow Peas.

(30 May 2013, 06:49)Binnie Wrote: Yes, that makes perfect sense, Where did you get that pasta? i've never noticed it in shops?

I came across the pasta in tesco's a while back and bought a 1k bag (As it filled my pasta jar perfectly) which seems to be going on forever as I only use a small pinch at a time.