Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BOB Food
24 May 2013, 16:56,
RE: BOB Food
(31 January 2012, 15:27)Reality Jones Wrote: The food in my BOB is enough to last me a couple of days before I have to start hunting or fishing.

Don't wait until you run out of food before hunting or fishing, start doing that from the start, try and keep your stores for such times as you are not successful with your hunt.

Do it the other way around and you will probably find yourself going hungry
A major part of survival is invisibility.
24 May 2013, 17:00,
put a few traps or snares out overnight where you camp up.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 May 2013, 17:16,
I see my bob food as emergency food. I will constantly be hunting and trapping. If I can't find anything. That's when rat packs help
24 May 2013, 17:22,
I bought a box of MRE at the wilderness gathering 2011 but tbh I wasn't impressed at all, that's why I have gone with the Wayfarer meals as I had them before and know what i'm getting.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 May 2013, 17:29,
(24 May 2013, 17:22)bigpaul Wrote: I bought a box of MRE at the wilderness gathering 2011 but tbh I wasn't impressed at all, that's why I have gone with the Wayfarer meals as I had them before and know what i'm getting.

I grew up on MRE's in cadets so I'm a bit impartial. But I have a few other brands of MRE's so gunna try them on my next outing.
24 May 2013, 17:46,
did they serve you MREs? or ration packs?

i know what MRE stands for, but its an american army ration pack, buff and black plastic bag with "MRE" on the front
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
24 May 2013, 18:50,
MRE = Meal refused by ethiopians Smile they are bllody aweful and only issued to Merkins, we have ready cooked reheatable BIBs, Boil In Bags

25 May 2013, 00:38,
and heres me thinking, that noodles and tuna pouches where a good idea, I do have Hot chocolate sachets, Breakfast MRE's there not exactly Bacon and Egg on Toast)....................................................Sorry I got side tracked and started drooling, Kendal mint cake, Gum, Chocolate, tooth paste and brush (sensitive teeth).........nothing worse than trying to survive when you've got toothache, there's quite alot of sugar in our BOB's, I have a webtex Surviva-pure water bottle filter for water on the go.
25 May 2013, 08:54,
(24 May 2013, 18:50)NorthernRaider Wrote: MRE = Meal refused by ethiopians Smile they are bllody aweful and only issued to Merkins, we have ready cooked reheatable BIBs, Boil In Bags

Merkins or not, everyone in thier dog now calls anything that isnt fresh, IE BIB or freeze dried "MRE"

Maybe i'm just being pedantic, but ive tried a few gen-u-ine american MRE's and i came to the conclusion they were cheap for a reason, and that i'd probably die hungry.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
25 May 2013, 09:44,
I was raised on Brit army Compo rations and they were superior to MRE and the modern shite we feed our troops.