Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Equipping your Bov
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your BOV should always contain a good repair kit of tools and spares. I always have a tool kit in my bov with the rest of the equipment sealed in a box ready to go. Bearing mine is a diesel i will add the spares and tools for a petrol engine at the end. Spare of the spares can be things that you have replaced during routine servicing.

Tool kit
Repair manuals, 1/2 inch socket set, open end and combination spanners, ball peen hammer, torque wrench, engineers pliers, side cutters, long nose pliers, mole grips, S, M & L adjustable spanners, engineers screwdriver, pozidrive screwdriver, crosshead screwdrivers, torx set, allen keys, spark plug socket, feeler gauges, wire stripper/crimper, circuit tester, Multi meter, Torch or headlamp, breaker bar, tarp, wheel brace, jacks Hi-Lift, jack hydraulic,

Self recovery tools and equipment.
hand winch, snatch block, jump leads, built in air compressor, waterless hand cleaner, tow rope, snow chains (good for mud too), shackles, tree strop, shovel, bridging ladders, choker chain

Spares
electrical connectors, electrical wire, electrical tape, shrink tubing, cloth friction tape, WD-40, duct tape, gasket sealant, super glue, JB Weld, starter fluid, degreaser, can of contact cement, nylon zip ties, jack stands, assorted nuts, bolts and washers, spare fuses, spare bulbs, spare hoses, spare spark plugs, ht leads, spare wiper blades, fluids (oil, gear oil, PAS fluid, coolant/antifreeze, tire repair kit, air in a can, reflective triangle, stop leak, oil, oil filter

Spare for extened trips ie expeditions.
Alternator, thermostat, starter, U-joints, fuel pump, starter solenoid/relay, fuel filters

Petrol engine tools and spares.
Spares
Voltage regulator (older vehicles), ignition coil, complete distributor or at least cap, rotor and points, spare spark plugs,
spare spark plug wires,

Tools
Spark plug socket, distributor spanner
I've all that in the garage but not in a BOV. I do have a toolkit in the vehicle itself but not that much.
I don't have all that in my bov most of it is in a box ready to go in. I will that quite a bit when i go for RTV'S (Road Taxed Vehicles) it a class of off road trialling.
I live in Manchester... cant leave ANYTHING in the car, it wouldnt be there in the morning...
If you slept in your car here you'd probably be trafficed to pakistan or bulgaria to be a sex slave...
If you could guarantee me it was nice ladies, I may just sleep in my car anyway, but knowing my luck i'd get sold to 30 stone slobodan in usbekistan who likes english boys...