Survival UK Forums

Full Version: filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what have you guys got to filter water and do you no were your nearest water supply is ie a spring

thanks
b/d
For the home British Berkefeld Gravity Water Filter Stainless Steel Filter Housing With 4 Super Sterasyl Elements.
Bob's 1 x MSR MiniWorks EX microfilter, 1 X Katadyn Water Pocket Water Filter.
Vehicles and get home bags purification straws.

Small stream 100 yds, water butts, bottled water etc
well sorted there then mate
do you find how we brits take water for granted think this will be worse than running out of food for some people then they will no tshhtf

b/d
For the home and Van a polyethelyne 4 candle British Berkfield gravity filter with four spare super ser candles cached, couple of hundred water puri tabs, DIY water filter made out of aquarium water filter (experimental). Few 3 litre empty coke bottles for SODIS plans. 58 pattern water bottle filter.
(11 February 2012, 22:24)bowdrill Wrote: [ -> ]well sorted there then mate
do you find how we brits take water for granted think this will be worse than running out of food for some people then they will no tshhtf

b/d

Its not just water, its food, electricity, gas, oil you name it we brits take it for granted. But i think that will be changing soon.
(11 February 2012, 22:52)uks Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 February 2012, 22:24)bowdrill Wrote: [ -> ]well sorted there then mate

b/d

Its not just water, its food, electricity, gas, oil you name it we brits take it for granted. But i think that will be changing soon.

Not according to the Daily Mail today, many commentators think we are eejits and they willl never suffer and misfotune.
Nearest water supply, along the side of the road is clear flowing water.

Purification/filtering.... Tablets, purifier drops, and even household bleach (if used carefully), also fire to boil it. I'm going to get a couple of Camalbak filters. They are good for 300 litres!!!
recently bought these off ebay to make my own home & cut down portable filters. Same technology as the expensive brand stuff, but at a fraction of the cost. Should be pretty simple to rig up. The activated carbon filter is already a sealed unit. water in one end, treated water out the other.

ebay item number 140400314618

and 140408863040

Don't need a pump for none pressurised/volume systems. Just gravity feed will do. Am going to make a cut down portable bugout prototype + base camp version.
bought a LifeSaver portable water filter bottle some time ago on ebay, nearest water is the local river-if thats polluted or low-there are springs all over the place, just a short walk to the nearest.
no one has mentioned mill bank bags ?? are they out of fashion lol ive used them on survival courses and for the amount of room they take i find them excellent ??

b/d
Pages: 1 2