Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What a morning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today could not have got off to a worst start first we had a power cut that lasted about 1/2 an hour just got everything set up emergency lamps and emergency cooker and the power came back on. We lose power 4 or 5 times a year sometimes for a day or 3
The next thing is the washing machine decided to empty its water on the floor in the utility room not sure what the problem is yet but i think it could be a conbination of a blocked outlet pipe to the outside and frozen as well.
[quote='uks' pid='7363' dateline='1329037913']
Today could not have got off to a worst start first we had a power cut that lasted about 1/2 an hour .

have been thinking about power cuts recently, and funnily enough all the power cuts i know of were in the city, havent endured a single one since leaving the city 12 years ago, i was going to say "strange, that?" but i suppose not, seeing as the city is where most people live and where the most demand is!
At least you were prepared. Having plans to follow makes the transition much easier.
Sorted out the problems electricity was something to new with a fault at a sub station, the washing machine was a combination of ice and lint in the pipe. I suppose the wet lint froze up blocking the pipe all sorted now.
Glad it's all sorted now mate.

Sounds like you could have made it into a 'fun' experiment to see how well you could cope with it.