Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Moving into a new place
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Or a false wall, you only need to snaffle a depth of about one foot to create a massive hidden cache area.
Thanks guys for all the feedback.

The issue with a false room would be too huge a cut away from the current room. Also, I'm not sure how long I'll be living there, so a whole room might be a bit too much effort. I'm thinking of somewhere about 1.5 feet deep, at most. The idea is to hide food, simple as that. I also want to have a ladder to create access to the roof.

My plans for the roof are firstly to check out the area, look for vantage points, and things like that. Once up there, I want to secure in a good couple of outdoor clips for climbing. If I need to quickly get from the roof to the ground, I'm going to abseil down. I know it's only 2 stories up, but the second story is like 12 feet high! So It'll be better to belay myself down.

I'm also going to try and set up enough space for a small 'den' type set up. I'd like to be able to go into my room, then upto the roof and camp out up there for a few days. Maybe just for fun, but also as a way to check security of the building.
Just because you wont be living at this new place forever doesn't mean you can't put in a false wall, fill it with stores and then just leave it there when you move out.
You will have a handy cache and as long as you have cut yourself a spare set of keys then access to those supplies WTSHTF or long after an event will always be available to you.

You have to remember Scythe that I've been working on new builds for over fifteen years and know a thing or two about utilising the spaces in other peoples houses quiet well. If you know what I mean??
hey RJ, if you've been working on new builds for 15 years, can you tell me why modern houses are designed to be so damn small??
More profit per acre of land, Simples!
It's all about the have's screwing the have nots.
(21 February 2012, 07:44)Reality Jones Wrote: [ -> ]It's all about the have's screwing the have nots.

It was Labours John Prescott who told builders to add to more houses to each acre sized plot by reducing car parking spaces to 1.5 spaces per car from 2 places, and by making the roads and gardens smaller.
Gardens? You have gardens on your new builds?? Wow it sounds like paradise oop north
RJ, you're right, I wish I had a garden. I have to have a secret garden away from where I live. This means a good walk to maintain it but it helps to keep me fit. I don't go too often though as if I kept it as a normal garden people would become suspicious. Kenneth Eames.
Around here cos the village idiots of new labour decided we need to add two more houses per acre which would have wiped out most gardens the ingenius b'stards in the design dept simply built the new houses on the green 3 stories high so the houses retained front and rear gardens as well as 3 bedrooms, no garage though just parking bays. Not bad for £120K on a village green setting though.
i know that builders put in so many per acre on a plot, but i always thought there was a MINIMUM floor space for 1,2,3,4 bed houses, our place is so small that, the kitchen is not big enough for 2 people, the bedrooms are so small that people with kids HAVE to have bunk beds for the kids, and the living room is NOT big enough for even a small dining table so everyone eats with a tray on their knees.i havent lived in a new house for 40 years and i certainly wouldn't BUY one.
Pages: 1 2 3