Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What would you do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
For me it would have to be a weighing up situation. I would take into account age, do they have a skill that would be useful and most importantly do i have any surplus food to spare. To sum it up they would have to be more useful to me than i would be to them if not its on your bike.
I have my immediate clan and action plan. Any extra people being accepted depends on skills, food or equipment brought etc...
If they have none of the above are they useful or scroungers? We all know scrounger types I'm sure, these have to be dealt with.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TELL ANYONE YOUR A PREPPER AND/OR HAVE STORES/WEAPONS ETC PUT BY. I say this because even if people think your as mad as a biscuit, YOU'LL be where they and all the friends they've told as well come when shtf.
Dont think for one minute that when you and your family are looked after due to your forward thinking and planning that people will not try to take it from you or get you to look after them because they will. Humans are lazy geeedy and spiteful be warned.
dont have any immediate family so shouldn't be a problem for me, if its the sister in law she's on her own so maybe would take her in, any other of the in laws( wife's mum and dad are deceased) i'll tell them to go forth and multiplyTongue
No prep, no appropriate tradable skill -> No party!!

Mock me now - Pay dear later. No time for idjuts - family or otherwise.. It's hard enough living with them now!! lol. Undecided
(23 February 2012, 15:14)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]dont have any immediate family so shouldn't be a problem for me, if its the sister in law she's on her own so maybe would take her in, any other of the in laws( wife's mum and dad are deceased) i'll tell them to go forth and multiplyTongue
S-I-L is talking about going BACK to live in Londonistan-silly cow- well, she does have family there, so thats 1 less to worry about!!
All my family that I know of is in Kent while I'm in Yorkshire. It seems very unlikely that they'd make the trek if there was a disaster. If it was nationwide they might ask me to come to theirs though.

But in any case the only family member I'd be willing to take in is my baby brother (9 years old). The rest can take care of themselves, but what chance has he had to prepare? That said none of them know I've stores so I doubt they'd make the journey anyway.
Most, if not all of my family head first to my elder brother, if they need anything.

I'm an afterthought in that sense, plan to keep it that way.
This was my initial moral dilemma and actually my first post on here. Since those early days I have often pondered my original question and the more I think about it and the more I prep, the more I feel I would be inclined to tell them and anyone else to piss off.
If it was my brothers or sisters I would take them in gladly. If it was a cousin etc noway. If it was her brother I would kick his arse mind you if he turned up for Sunday lunch I would kick his arse.
In my place family constraints are wife, son, bro in law, sis in law, their two kids, rest of family can FO, but known experienced survivalists who I know and trust will be welcome if they happen to be forced by circumstance into this area.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7