Survival UK Forums

Full Version: My New Apartment/Flat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello Everyone.

As I'm sure you all know, I've moved out and am living in my own place. I say my own place, but it's a house share with 2 Chinese students. They're both really cool, and because they're studying, they seem to just leave me to it. Which I really appreciate.

My room is a reasonable size. It's not big, but it's able to fit everything I want in it.

The first thing I did once I moved everything in was to lift the bed up, and cut out that crumby black plastic sheet. That has allowed me to have LOADS of storage space under there. So far it only has about 80 tins and 50 litres of water, along with a couple of other things.

The next thing was to arrange the furniture so that I had a small dead space between the wardrobe and a small set of draws. The idea of dead space is that it will not be noticed or checked. That holds my air-rifle, and will soon have my machete in it (after I finish unpacking everything).

I've checked out the roof, it is stable and strong. Need to get an extendable ladder though. The idea is to be able to hide/store the ladder whenever I need to.

I may well be changing rooms though. There are 3 rooms, and I'm thinking of going for the room at the back of the building. It's got the best access outside onto the roof. However it looks out over a block of flats (opsec issue?) so I'm not sure. Oh, it also costs another £20 a month, so I'm not sure if I'll go for it. Probably will knowing me haha.

That is about everything really. There's not too much I can do right now. Paying a months rent to the semi-inlaws, a deposit to my new landlord, and the first months rent, has all kind of killed my finances off already! It's the start of the month and I'm already skint. But that's okay. Thank God for preps. I can eat tins as often as I want. Oh, and there's Asda at the bottom of the road. So I can eat cheap as well.

Anyway, suggestions and the alike are much appreciated.

I'll take some photo's when I get back tonight (I'm working on the bar tonight, so it will be very late) and I'll upload them tomorrow morning.

But for now......Prep hard, prep well, and keep your eyes open.

TTFN.
What about one of these ladders to get to the roof also handy when bugging out by vehicle.

http://www.telescopicladders.co.uk/
(2 March 2012, 10:18)uks Wrote: [ -> ]What about one of these ladders to get to the roof also handy when bugging out by vehicle.

http://www.telescopicladders.co.uk/

HAHA, that's exactly what I was thinking of.
If I end up getting the bigger room, I'll be building in some false walls, as well as making the roof really pretty! haha
Be carefulthat the photos do not reveal your location. Inner shots only no views through windows.

Oh and watch what is laying around in the house while you photograph. Don't want to let some secrets out.
(2 March 2012, 12:09)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Be carefulthat the photos do not reveal your location. Inner shots only no views through windows.

Oh and watch what is laying around in the house while you photograph. Don't want to let some secrets out.

There are no wall windows, the skylight is not a normal skylight, so I'm not showing that. Almost all preps are hidden anyway. Bags are not properly unpacked, so people cannot see what I've got in there anyway.

The main thing I'm wanting is feedback on what people think I should do in my room. That kind of thing.
I'm trying not to picture mikes bedroom from Spaced.Tongue
(2 March 2012, 12:19)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]The main thing I'm wanting is feedback on what people think I should do in my room. That kind of thing.

No because it makes you go blind Big Grin
(2 March 2012, 15:33)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(2 March 2012, 12:19)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]The main thing I'm wanting is feedback on what people think I should do in my room. That kind of thing.

HAHA, I meant to say "How I could/should modify my room for prepping"
(2 March 2012, 15:55)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2 March 2012, 15:33)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]

HAHA, I meant to say "How I could/should modify my room for prepping"

Rope ladder for escaping out of skylight, fire extinguisher, Smoke mask, self contained mini camping cooker ( cook only with windows open)
(2 March 2012, 17:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Rope ladder for escaping out of skylight, fire extinguisher, Smoke mask, self contained mini camping cooker ( cook only with windows open)

I think I need to better explain 'skylight'. It's not like a normal skylight in most houses. This is a whole in a flat roof, with a mini-green house type concrete and glass structure on it. I'll be smashing one of those windows out then replacing it with an openable window. I'll still need a ladder to be able to escape through there still.
Pages: 1 2 3