Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Food Dehydration good price.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How long does it take to dry a piece of meat?,... and does anyone know what that might cost,..i.e. how much per hour does it cost?
I recently bought one of these and so far have dehydrated Carrots successfully. It is an excellent dehydrator. I intend drying a huge number of vegetables as there bulk becomes so small. Much less storage space required. When required for use, soak overnight and cook the next day. For this I boil the vegetables and then continue cooking in a Haybox. Kenneth Eames.
I got a question with regard to this dehydrator does this one have some form of pole to hold the trays when set up. I ask this as for some reason I can not put it together with it stable and I am wondering if the item sent to me was missing a part. Thank you
(18 January 2013, 20:37)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]How long does it take to dry a piece of meat?,... and does anyone know what that might cost,..i.e. how much per hour does it cost?

I would love to get an answer on these questions if possible
the good thing about drying meat is you can use poor cut of meat for this takes about 5 hours cut meat in strips about the size of a match box and thin as you can get them lay them on the trays dry and done very nice toi chew on or add to stews
Pages: 1 2