Survival UK Forums

Full Version: £1.499 litre diesel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(18 March 2012, 18:21)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(17 March 2012, 23:09)grumpy old man Wrote: [ -> ]here's a funny thing just been to my local petrol station and diesel is £1.49.9 there too (what's with the .9 anyway?
but the cashier told me that today she's had 4 people buy fuel and couldn't pay for it their card was declined?
would have thought the'd have checked balance first
so people or just so tight lol

i expect they've gone over their limit.

I can't remember who said it, I think it was NR or Mike, but apparently some huge percentage of people are living in debt just to eat and fuel their cars. Guess that includes those 4 in that number.
Sod that for a game of soldiers, if i cant afford to fuel my car, the tanks full, I'll add a fuel stabiliser and park it up on the drive.
Bov your time may be near.
How long will people continue to pay these prices before they start either stealing the fuel from someone elses tank or running on other fuel (cherry / veg oil etc)?

I earn quite a high wage, and I can't afford to keep running my truck for much longer at £1.50 a litre. Not when it only does 20mpg anyway Sad
people are already stealing fuel and have been for some time. I understand tankers are being hijacked as well.

The .9 is so they can make it look cheaper. It isn't quite 150 its only 149.9. So unless you put in exactly a round number of litres, 60L for example it is rounded up. many people just put in a fiver or tenners worth so it adds up.
its like in the shops, they price stuff with 99p on the end so it looks cheaper.
The difference is you get to keep the 1p. You only do that with fuel when you buy it in 10L chunks.
I buy fuel in £25 litre chunks haha
I'm buying fuel in 50L chunks at the moment Wink

got another delivery coming tonight. Hoping to get another 50 over the weekend.

Can't beat it, 100L for £60.
oo111001 that would not be kerosen now would it ?
sshhhh the tax and vat man are watching lol
(22 March 2012, 00:06)grumpy old man Wrote: [ -> ]oo111001 that would not be kerosen now would it ?
sshhhh the tax and vat man are watching lol

Might be Wink

There's an interesting thread here Read the comments by Tony427
Pages: 1 2 3