Survival UK Forums

Full Version: My own personal shtf.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Funny, I brought some last time he was deployed. Oh god, he won't be happy. Werthers just don't do it!
Sorry to hear about your situation.

That is what the preps are for though. A cushion when you need it. Many do not prep for TEOTWAWKI but for the very situation you describe.

Many shortsighted people are in a much worse situation than yourself and you do have time to make arrangements where they do not.

It's annoying but it could be much worse.

Good luck.
Update: Moving day is 2 weeks away. I've decorated throughout, got a cheapo secondhand cooker to replace my good one and I've replaced the carpet in the living room. With luck I should get my deposit back. I've got rid of so much carp it's unbelievable! I made a bit selling some of it on evilbay. I heard clearing out is good for the soul, it's exhausting though.
Ahh well, sometimes a fresh starts good for you, gives you perspective n all that jazz...
i always think its exciting moving to a new place, gives you a chance to sort out all the carp you've accumulated over the years and have a fresh start. i have moved many times over the years and every time its different.
Clearing out gives you a momentary blip of satisfaction but that blip is nothing compared to the anquish when you realise you have to buy something new because you threw one away. That lasts a lot longer. I know.
yeah, we took 13 car loads to the tip when we left Glastonbury, the only thing i regret getting rid of/selling was a wood stove made from an old gas cylinder we bought at a car boot for £20, i should have kept that for WTSHTF but as we were moving into an all electric house there was no room for it.
(17 April 2012, 14:43)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, we took 13 car loads to the tip when we left Glastonbury, the only thing i regret getting rid of/selling was a wood stove made from an old gas cylinder we bought at a car boot for £20, i should have kept that for WTSHTF but as we were moving into an all electric house there was no room for it.

Ha!! thats one of my projects for summer.. I've aquired 2 gas bottles, emptied the remnant gas out and took the valves off.
I shall be attempting to make a wood burning stove... notice I said atempting.. Have welder will melt!!!!
I've had a recent moving as well TOF. AlyBear is moving on the 17th (today) so she's looking forward to that. Hope it's going well for her. She's not asked for a hand, so I'm not having the day off work...damn it. haha

It seems like moving house is the new fashion TOF. You're one of us mid 20 year olds now. Speaking of which, Binary is 30 (I think) and he's just moved as well. All the cool kids (youngens) are moving house these days! You're just younger than you thought TOF.
your only as young as you feel! me, i'm still about 42Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3