Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Soldiers stand by to drive petrol tankers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Soldiers stand by to drive petrol tankers as part of contingency plans to stop a strike plunging Britain into chaos

Results of a strike ballot of 2,000 tanker drivers will be announced tomorrow

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...chaos.html
I don't get it? It said "Will Labour back a crippling strike by union Unite, its biggest donor?" But Labour aren't in control.
Basically S13 it means Milliband will stand up at PM's question time and have at the govt because as we all know everything is their fault, especially when you're in opposition. The fact that the country is still reeling from 12yrs of Labour ineptitude is niether here nor there. And he will conveniently forget the last Drivers strike that nearly crippled the country was under a Labour govt.
That makes more sense now.

I seem to keep thinking that the people in government would want to help the residents of this country. I couldn't understand why they would back a strike that would FUNK us all up.
(25 March 2012, 09:47)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]The fact that the country is still reeling from 12yrs of Labour ineptitude is niether here nor there.

12 years of labour? Where did you learnt to count?
Best guess, I was only one year out.
Enough devastation for a century of power.

the fuel protest in 2000 showed just what to expect, the supermarket shelves emptied of bread and milk within 2 days and everything else was low, petrol stations emptied of fuel overnight and fresh stocks were rationed to essential services, in Glastonbury we even had taxi drivers trying to say they were an essential serviceBig Grin i knew it was coming and had a full petrol tank and we only made essential journeys while the protest was on, mainly shopping.( this was in the time before i started prepping).
"Fuel strike drivers vote YES!" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17512729
Oh joy. Just when I'm eating my stores to survive, some inconsiderate a$$wipes are going to make it even more difficult.
Pages: 1 2