Survival UK Forums

Full Version: wartime food
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
interesting snippet i just fell over!: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...tions.html#
Velly interlesting velly gud misata B.P.TongueTongue
I don't think that many people today would be prepared to go back to the wartime diet. Even veggies were a problem. One day you might get one or two pound of spuds and the next there wasn't any at all. I should have more detail of rationing somewhere. I will try and find it and pass it on. I think that I am right in saying, that today people would eat a weeks ration in one day. People were lean in those days. Kenneth Eamea.
(1 April 2012, 16:34)Kenneth Eames Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that many people today would be prepared to go back to the wartime diet. Even veggies were a problem. One day you might get one or two pound of spuds and the next there wasn't any at all. I should have more detail of rationing somewhere. I will try and find it and pass it on. I think that I am right in saying, that today people would eat a weeks ration in one day. People were lean in those days. Kenneth Eamea.

people these days are also greedy, Ken.
One persons ration for a week in 1941. Bacon and ham 4 ounces. Sugar 8 ounces. Butter 2 ounces Cooking fats 8 ounces. Meet was rationed by price to one shillings worth. Tea 2 ounces. Cheese 1 ounce. Jam 2 ounces. Plus 16 points a month for other rationed foods, subject to availability. Kenneth Eames.
black market ?
I'd be screwed eating so little!

I need my daily chicken!

It's 7am and I'm eating a packet of chicken breast!