Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Thousands of truckers to stop soldiers moving fuel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
'We can bring the government down': Truckers vow to halt Britain's traffic in support of striking tanker drivers by blockading refineries and motorways

Thousands of truckers to stop soldiers moving fuel around the UK in the event of a strike
They are led by haulier Andrew Spence who warns 'this time we will bring the Government down'
William Hague says Britain is better prepared to withstand a strike by tanker drivers because of the Government actions over past week
Diane Hill remains in a critical condition in hospital as council promises social workers will be sent to neighbours who witnessed her burning
AA spokesman says panic buying has 'dramatically dropped'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...rways.html
(1 April 2012, 18:22)mikebratcher69 Wrote: [ -> ]'We can bring the government down': Truckers vow to halt Britain's traffic in support of striking tanker drivers by blockading refineries and motorways

Thousands of truckers to stop soldiers moving fuel around the UK in the event of a strike
They are led by haulier Andrew Spence who warns 'this time we will bring the Government down'
William Hague says Britain is better prepared to withstand a strike by tanker drivers because of the Government actions over past week
Diane Hill remains in a critical condition in hospital as council promises social workers will be sent to neighbours who witnessed her burning
AA spokesman says panic buying has 'dramatically dropped'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...rways.html
i thought blockades by a "third party"(those not actually involved in the strike) was illegal??
Thanks for this Mike. I thought the Marxists might do something like this to bring the Government down. It seems they are determined to get the Labour Party back in power. If this happens put as much money as you can into Prepping because we will soon become the worst economy in Europe. Its not that I like the Tories much more than Labour but I do believe we need to pay off our debts as quickly as possible. Kenneth Eames.
There is little difference between the two so I wouldn't say that replacing Blue Labour with Red Labour will make any difference. The money isn't there and they can't get any more loans. We will go bust.

They won't blockade as such which will easily be moved but simply cause traffic jams which stops everyone moving including the poor haulage drivers who have ran out of fuel just outside the gates.

The government is more organised. It took three days to suck all the fuel pumps dry and people knew that there wasn't a strike. How long when people know that something is going on. Each tanker can deliver one load and has to return so even if they are all out what difference will it make. What they mean by organised is that this bunch of useless politicians have their Jerry cans full.
if Labour get back into power this country has had it, they will spend,spend,spend like there is no tomorrow and put this country into hock for years to come+they will open the gates and flood this country with immigrants.
This could well be a second round of panic buying! Count me in!!! Tomorrow morning I'm off to drive to Newbury. Guess who's going to be stocking up on a couple of plastic cans as well as a full tank of petrol and a couple of full plastic cans?

ME!!!

Guess who's going to be selling those cans and the fuel for more money than they cost me if people start panic buying....?

DAMN RIGHT I WILL!!!! HAHA
yes, given all this about the truckers i will be restocking my fuel cans and maybe buying some more.
(1 April 2012, 18:48)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]This could well be a second round of panic buying! Count me in!!! Tomorrow morning I'm off to drive to Newbury. Guess who's going to be stocking up on a couple of plastic cans as well as a full tank of petrol and a couple of full plastic cans?

ME!!!

Guess who's going to be selling those cans and the fuel for more money than they cost me if people start panic buying....?

DAMN RIGHT I WILL!!!! HAHA

You sound like a commodity trader! Big Grin
Bugger them all, I've a few days of jobs next week till wednesday then thats me for a while, so they can take their petrol and shove it where it most uncomfy...SadSadSad
I'll walk...I could do with the exerciseBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Ditto MB. There are sometimes advantages to having no transport.
Pages: 1 2