Survival UK Forums

Full Version: bedtime for the chooks 8.30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
amazons fantastic for the books, they do loads second hand.
I just bought Richard Mabey's "food for free" last week for about £4 I think it was, as new condition.
I hate paying full price for anything...
I cut my own hair at home as well, mind thats if you can call shaving your head with the clippers cutting, but still, it saves me £6 a week.
I tried growing my hair once had a pony tail and everything... cut it when somebody said I reminded them of Rick Astley....
(2 April 2012, 14:57)mikebratcher69 Wrote: [ -> ]amazons fantastic for the books, they do loads second hand.
I just bought Richard Mabey's "food for free" last week for about £4 I think it was, as new condition.
I hate paying full price for anything...
I cut my own hair at home as well, mind thats if you can call shaving your head with the clippers cutting, but still, it saves me £6 a week.
I tried growing my hair once had a pony tail and everything... cut it when somebody said I reminded them of Rick Astley....

i havent had a shave or had my hair cut since my mum's funeral in 1985, i've got a full beard AND a pony tail, so i reckon i've saved a bloomin fortune in the last 27 yearsTongue
Wow!! plenty of material for making rope then...TongueTongueTongue
no chance, i need my beard and hair to get into Valhalla!!!Big Grin
Yup, that's a great little book, I've got it too. The chook that was temporaily ill may have just thought about egg laying. One of my girls would look like she was on deaths door, miserable, fluffed up wings drooping. All signs of a sick chicken, then she'd go and lay an egg and Bingo! Bright and perky again.
(2 April 2012, 15:08)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, that's a great little book, I've got it too. The chook that was temporaily ill may have just thought about egg laying. One of my girls would look like she was on deaths door, miserable, fluffed up wings drooping. All signs of a sick chicken, then she'd go and lay an egg and Bingo! Bright and perky again.

Thats exactly what she was doing!!!
It seemed a bit weird, because apparently the other chooks pick on sick birds and they wernt they pretty much ignored her.
She was if you got close letting you stroke her but you could see she was still "with it"
It did have me worried I can tell you...

See? they've got under your skin already! You're doomed!!
Damn, so much for the big roughty tufty image then...Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Pages: 1 2