Survival UK Forums

Full Version: BOL Training Runs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
For those of you who have Bol's, How often do you do a dummy run as if the SHTF Scenario?

I don't mean just a weekend camping trip, But just actually disapear with your Bob and use extreme methods of survival, I.e no transport, remaining undetected, Living off the land etc etc
To be honest never, but it's on the list.
I was hoping that my Girl would be able to go to camp with the cadets this Easter to give her a taste of what it might be like to ruff it a bit, but she hasn't been there long enough. Can't see us ruffing it to much tho, least not in the cold, I'd have to bring a few home comforts, food and water and baby wipes Smile
problem is, ALL my bol's are owned by someone else, they may be empty and abandoned but i just cant turn up and move in! after SHTF is a different thing, but until then i can only plan.
(8 April 2012, 15:15)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]problem is, ALL my bol's are owned by someone else, they may be empty and abandoned but i just cant turn up and move in!

For me that would be an ideal dummy run, you get the chance to see how stealthy you are ;-)
(8 April 2012, 15:18)Stokey Wrote: [ -> ]
(8 April 2012, 15:15)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]problem is, ALL my bol's are owned by someone else, they may be empty and abandoned but i just cant turn up and move in!

For me that would be an ideal dummy run, you get the chance to see how stealthy you are ;-)
nope, i'm sure to get noticed and told to bu##er off!
[/quote]
nope, i'm sure to get noticed and told to bu##er off!

[/quote]

Better to be told to Bugger off than shot it in post SHTF lol
we have been inside our "principal" BOL, an old farm cottage down a little used lane, garden overgrown, probably hasnt been used for 10 years, nice place, decent sized rooms, with still some furniture inside, area is not on a route to anywhere, its not a cut-through, the only traffic is the daily postie and maybe the odd tractor once a week, this is the first place we would be heading to post SHTF, about 8 miles south east of where we live now.
TBH I havent decided on my Bol's yet, Im going to stat doing a recce over the next couple of weeks as im putting together my gear, I live on the outskirts of the city and so im no further than 1 mile from open countryside.
(8 April 2012, 15:37)Stokey Wrote: [ -> ]TBH I havent decided on my Bol's yet, Im going to stat doing a recce over the next couple of weeks as im putting together my gear, I live on the outskirts of the city and so im no further than 1 mile from open countryside.
looks like you've got it all to play for Stokey, but if your going to survive the first cold winter post SHTF its no good playing Rambo in the woods, you need to have bricks and mortar and a roof around you. try looking for abandoned buildings, dosent have to be a house, a barn is better than nothing, any old utility buildings in your area? water board, electricity or telephone types-preferably no longer in use.

Unless the world goes to custard in the next 3 weeks, I have to start all over again!grrrrrr!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4