Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Military planes are busy round my way?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Might be some thing and nothing but, I over look a few flight paths, I've lived here 6 years , at a guess I'd say I look out on Stansted, City and military flight paths, the planes for the Royal wedding last year flew by me on the way to the palace and then back again, I know the different sounds of the planes, don't hear to many of what I'd call military air crafts but, last few weeks they have been going by a lot, usually at night when I can't be bothered to get up and look but did tonight coz it was so loud , it was a chopper, type you'd see in the war films when they fly in and rescue the soldiers, what's that all about I wonder?
Chasing car thieves ;-)
No thats a different chopper,get them quite a lot round here , this was heavy and loud, I could see it's shape, was big!
we have a black Russian mig and a black chinook thats fairly reguar around here fly fairly low too.
But that's my point it's not regular round here, so why now?
(11 April 2012, 22:42)mikebratcher69 Wrote: [ -> ]we have a black Russian mig and a black chinook thats fairly reguar around here fly fairly low too.

Damn, they must be lost lol
There are many possible national or global reasons.. Without any info or major calamity occuring, then the purpose will be a unknown. Worth keeping an eye on though.
Probably just practice for protecting the city during the Olympics. I wouldn't worry too much unless you hear a loud bang.
Prep Girl,

The Royal Marines are doing the changeover of tours- 45's coming home and 43 are going out. Most of the transport is happening via Brize Norton, as the MoD have closed Lossie and Kinloss, where they used to come in/out of.

Know this as a lot of my friends from school joined 45 (as they're based in my hometown) and are planning a quiet, restrained foray into alcoholism next weekend.
we get a few flying over here from Chivenor(search and rescue) but what we normally see is the air ambulance-bright red, cant miss it, it usually comes down on the grass at the front of the estate by the old peoples bungalows.
Pages: 1 2