Survival UK Forums

Full Version: swinging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No, not like that, you filthy beggars. Hammocking Smile
Anyone else got one? Found a place to hang mine from the fence posts in the garden. CUrrently sat in mine, slowly swinging to an fro with a beer in hand. Bliss.half tempted to kip out here tonight. Can't beat a bit of swinging on a Wednesday night Big GrinD

Also, apologies for the non-prepping related thread. Unless a hammock is a prep? Shame they dont make a 2 person one Wink

I used to love kipping in a hammock. Sadly, age and fat have made it dangerous for me and hilarious for others.Blush These days I'm more a steamer chair and Mojito girl.Big Grin
http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=7257174170

Sid enjoying some hammock time with Daddy Big Grin
(23 May 2012, 19:36)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]I used to love kipping in a hammock. Sadly, age and fat have made it dangerous for me and hilarious for others.Blush These days I'm more a steamer chair and Mojito girl.Big Grin

I'm 16/17 stone. It holds my weight (just)
They can be tricky to get in though! Partial to a mojito too Big Grin

Whats a steamer chair?

Steamer chair

http://www.valueland.co.uk/src/froogle/K...P40001325/

+ squashy cushions = bliss!

I have a two person hammock. It need 4 trees though. I don't really get on with hammocks though... I find it like trying to relax whilst tightrope walking.
That chair looks good! Well I'm set up for the night. Being a buddy I let the battle axe stay the night (i know!) so ive decided to spend the night outside Smile be a utiful
that should say pussy, not buddy. Stupid auto correct. Thats what I get for having a gay phone
a hammock would be fatal for me( i'm 18stone)...i'd turn over in the middle of the night and fall out!Tongue
(24 May 2012, 14:15)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]a hammock would be fatal for me( i'm 18stone)...i'd turn over in the middle of the night and fall out!Tongue

I managed to stay in mine all night Smile
I find that if I string it tightly between the tree then it feels like I could fling out at any moment, but if I leave it loose then they're very stable.

Mines rated upto 20ish stone. When I went into the woods with some people from BcUK matey had one rated over 25+stone. Much more expensive, but it looked better, was bigger, and apparently very comfortable.
Can anyone guess what's on my purchase list now? Haha
I got a hammock from, I think RVops, that you can put a roll mat inside of to make it a bit more rigid. I used to sleep in one a lot when I "worked" night shifts and found it very comfortable with just a blanket laid in it and a pillow. (If I was needed, the alarm bell was just three feet from my head). This latter one though, was the military type that can also be used as a camp bed. Lots of strings and a spreader each end.