Survival UK Forums

Full Version: air rifles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Check this one out: http://www.quackenbushairguns.com OK so its American!
(1 June 2012, 14:36)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]Check this one out: http://www.quackenbushairguns.com OK so its American!

Crikey!
Seen those before and while I was investigating I came across the plans for an air SMG. Limited to 12ft/lb of course. Smile
Impressive. That kind of money would only buy you an entry level airgun over here. One that would barely give a vole a headache, let alone bag a bear.

Airgun prices have gone mental recently. They are selling Webley Tempest air pistols again now for a mere £290. I paid £53 for mine new in late 90s... they weren't utterly outdated then either. I haven't noticed the 400% inflation it that time.
I think there is a hidden tax that is added to anything in the UK more weapon like than a pointy stick.
(6 June 2012, 20:32)Tonka Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is a hidden tax that is added to anything in the UK more weapon like than a pointy stick.

Should have just stopped after the UK. Tax, tax and tax some more. That is all they can do and is their first thought for anything. Bastards..

(6 June 2012, 21:45)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]
(6 June 2012, 20:32)Tonka Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is a hidden tax that is added to anything in the UK more weapon like than a pointy stick.

Should have just stopped after the UK. Tax, tax and tax some more. That is all they can do and is their first thought for anything. Bastards..

True that, fortunately a friend of mine just bought himself a new PCP and sold me his heavily custom built CO2 rifle and a barnett crossbow together for £150... dead chuffed Big Grin
[/quote]

True that, fortunately a friend of mine just bought himself a new PCP and sold me his heavily custom built CO2 rifle and a barnett crossbow together for £150... dead chuffed Big Grin
[/quote]

£150! Sounds a good deal. That would barely buy you 2 tins of pellets and pack of half decent bolts.

My Barnett crossbow cost me £30. But that was in a whole other millennia.
This is an old crossbow to be fair, can't even find a review on the internet.
Either way it seems to work well enough for the task at hand
nearly bought another air rifle at a car boot today, german .22 no not a Weirhauch, but it was an underlever job, dont like them had one before and it was useless, so walked away from this one, didnt even ask the price.
(12 August 2012, 15:51)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]nearly bought another air rifle at a car boot today, german .22 no not a Weirhauch, but it was an underlever job, dont like them had one before and it was useless, so walked away from this one, didnt even ask the price.

oh i dunno, the underlevers can be pretty good, mate had one and it lasted about 30-40 years Tongue was very accurate and pretty fast to reload too Smile
Pages: 1 2 3