Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Foreboding long range weather forcast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,
please have a look at the link below and about halfway down after all the other bad news - read 'Winter 2012-13' (high lighted) and especialy the 4th paragraph.

http://www.exactaweather.com/UK_Long_Ran...ecast.html

Cheers
Juice.
"I expect large parts of this winter to be very cold and exceptionally snowy in comparison to last year (forecasting confidence is quite high). I also expect these conditions to arrive earlier, rather than later this winter. There may even be the potential for some of the coldest/snowiest conditions in at least a century at times within the upcoming winter. More detailed information to follow on this shortly in the UK winter 2012-13 forecast/updates."

Apologies for the previous spelling errors!
Juice.
Oh well not looking good is it we will weather it like we always do oh and no pun intended
I've been hearing this type of long range forecast for the last 2 years!! All doom & foreboading. I even told people I knew to warn them. Turned out it wasn't that bad after all. If the MET office can't even reliably predict this weeks weather nowadays, how is anyone else going to predict many months in advance. I think some of these doomsayers enjoy their feeling of importance..
Hi Juice, welcome and all that.

I agree with TL It seems a doomsdays weather trend has started, My advice just prep fire wood/coal/oil whatever other off grid type fuel you can think of and so on.

well will get all my lapland gear other the attic. Stock up, keep warm. If it comes to the worse get hot water bottles. will help keep the power bills down and bed warm
If we are going to get another of those bloody cyclic period of either seven or eleven years of shit weather the energy companies are going to have you by the reproductive organs and squeeze hard. If possible you folks should try and get as self reliant on heat and light as possible, Look at most posts about wood / multi fuel stoves for heating and cooking on, and look at Wet & Colds superb articles on smallscale PV arrays and low voltage power systems.
In reply to some of the responses,
I agree that the guy (the long range weather forecaster) has a bit of an ego - he's suppose too, he's a bloke!
but after reading the whole report, he makes some good points and it starts to make sense. He is also an independent weather forecaster relying on his own findings and research.

I also have to agree about stocking up with our own independent fuel supplies and ways of keeping warm; after all that's the kind of people we are.

Me myself have just changed to a new 'on grid' gas/electric fuel supplier to reduce costs - Ebico
They are a not for profit energy supplier and the prices are the same no matter how you pay.
It works for me because my fuel requirements are low and there is no standing charge!
Check them out on 'uswitch' or 'money saving something or other'.

I'm also looking at making my own solar air heaters; two types.
Search 'solar air heater cans'

see also:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLAR-HOT-AIR-...3a6f110294

Also search 'solar water heaters' on how to make your own

Cheers Juice.
its not that far fetched, remember we're on roughly the same latitude as moscow is! and thats cold as a polar bears arse Tongue....the only thing keeping us remotely temperate and snow free is the gulf stream, and climate change, be it natural or man made (i cant be bothered to get into an argument with anyone about this xD) is going to disrupt this air flow one way or another, and that will leave us with a lovely frigid climate, resembling moscow more than what we got now, not to mention a multitude of other things that could cause similar cold (super volcanoes, nuclear war, blah, blah, blah)....all in all we're screwed guys....go find a bunker!
The gulf stream conveyor is the only thing stopping us getting the same weather they do in Newfoundland.
all we seem to get down my way is rain, rain and yet more....rain, i think i'm growing webbed feet!Big Grin
Pages: 1 2