Survival UK Forums

Full Version: great knife at an unbelievable price
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?P_ID=...ry=related

just read those reviews, and to be honest under 6 quid....how can you go wrong???

im ordering mine asap.
cheap enough! dont like the plastic sheath though.
(5 July 2012, 06:59)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?P_ID=...ry=related

just read those reviews, and to be honest under 6 quid....how can you go wrong???

im ordering mine asap.

This looks good for the price; let us know what you think of it when yours arrives.
they have some nice axes thier.. trying to work out which to get for under 60 pounds
i shall as soon as i order it!

i do agree i dont like the handle or sheath Tongue

hehe yeh some cool stuff, lovely fold knives
just a quick update to say i ordered this knife last night so should be here by monday hopefully, will give you guys a nice review on it Smile

also order a small sodbuster by imperial shrade and some paracord and an explorer firesteel ^^...yay for first knives and stuff, finally im starting my BOB Big Grin
just like moras blades plactic handle and sheath all wash clean none slip you lot far to picky Big Grin
(7 July 2012, 12:47)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]just like moras blades plactic handle and sheath all wash clean none slip you lot far to picky Big Grin

long as it does the job its cool, its just not my personal preference, it looks horrible Tongue....anyway im not complaining especially at 6 quid!
http://www.heinnie.com/Hultafors-Heavy-D...-0-0-6866/

so, i order this the other day and it arrived on tuesday, its a great little knife, although in my opinion the handle is somewhat oversized for the blade, but its comfortable for any hand size, the grip on the handle is surprisingly steady for the little amount of texturing it has, doesnt slip easily in wet weather, but need to test more.

the sheath is nice, i dont like plastic much myself but its certainly sturdy and the knife locks well in place, can comfortably shake the knife around without it coming loose, although the attachment points for the sheath leave something to be desired, only one position that it caters to, unless you like bodging stuff!

the blade is excellent, thick and sturdy with a nice edge to it, it stays shaving sharp even after usage, ive gone out and cut up some wood with it, including doing some light batonning which i was surprised that it coped with nicely considering the short blade length, carves wood nicely and cuts through paracord very easily, i must admit i was surprised how good the factory edge was for such a cheap knife, if touched up a little bit it could easily slice through paper, although the factory edge is still good at slicing paper, although it does leave a somewhat rough edge on the paper Tongue

all in all its a sturdy and well made knife thats comes very sharp and with a secure sheath, not bad for 6 quid!!!

i highly recommend this knife to anyone, buy 1,2 or even 3, at that money its silly not to have a few of these knocking about as general utility knives Smile

whilst i was ordering from heinnie i bought a few other things including the imperial schrade small sodbuster folding knife, 15m of atwood paracord and an explorer firesteel.

the sodbuster is a great little folding knife, with a secure lock and no play on the blade, its very well put together and feels very sturdy, all the pieces fit together perfectly so it feels like a single solid piece, the blade is decent although the factory edge does leave something to be desired, but a few minutes of sharpening should easily make it razor sharp!...the edge stays for a while but would need regular touching up, i wouldnt recommend it as a utility knife but as an edc its great, it is uk legal (the small version anyway) and looks and feels good, i carry it with me all the time now, and it performs any task i need it to while im busy doing things.

the atwood 15m of paracord is ok, its not proper mil spec paracord as it has 7 inner strands, but all the same colour and only 2 strands to each inner strand, whereas real paracord has 7 inner strands where one of them is made up of 2 colours and each inner strand is made up of 3 strands. but nonetheless its still a decent product and will do what you need it to, its coped with what ive tried with it, although i havent tried to do a proper stress test on it yet Tongue

the firesteel is great, cheap price, does the job, no need to say any more Smile

anyway i hope that helps you guys, heinnie delivered these items very quickly sent plenty of emails and have great customer service, all in all i cannot fault them in any way, in fact im surprised at the delivery speed considering i ordered on a saturday night and recieved on tuesday despite all the flooding over the weekend, and i only paid for standard delivery!
I love the Chris Caine Companion Delux http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?P_ID=...ry=related
Pages: 1 2