Survival UK Forums

Full Version: National grid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was reading somewhere that if the national grid gets knocked out it could be months maybe a lot longer to fix it or the possibility that it could not be fixed ! as im sure most of you know there would instantly be no atm,fuel, etc eveything could turn to shit in an instant
what you your thoughts on this event ?
(5 July 2012, 19:07)David075 Wrote: [ -> ]I was reading somewhere that if the national grid gets knocked out it could be months maybe a lot longer to fix it or the possibility that it could not be fixed ! as im sure most of you know there would instantly be no atm,fuel, etc eveything could turn to shit in an instant
what you your thoughts on this event ?

Not quite David, its estimate by some educated types that they would only have to bugger up certain parts of the infrastrucxture to trigger a rolling collapse of the system, personally I'm suprised terrorists have not targetted before after all governments fear loss of revenue more than loss of citizens lives. Imagine if some scum knocked out the power and telecom systems to Londonabad??, It would cost the government and its banking masters a fortune. Terrorists can kill and maim thousands of innocent people and in no time at all the politcians will jump into bed with them and turn against the military and police whose lives were sacrificed fighting the terrorists. But threaten the wealth of the ruling elite.............................
no water no heat really wood suck but wood get buy
Best bet David is to stock up on fuel if you have Wood, coal, calor gas or oil. Have alternative power sources like solar for light, comms equipment and even cooking. Get a camping cooker and a load of extra cannisters. Candles, wind up lanterns, rechargeable battries solar chargers, water filters etc AND don't keep all your dosh in a bank! Keep a reasonable amount of cash somewhere safe!

I Associate loss of Nat. Grid with either a terrorist attack or national bankruptcy ... it wouldn't be good that's for sure. Oh yes and as BP pointed out in another thread, pumping stations would
stop working and then if you live at the bottom of a hill sewage would back up and start filling your house with 'you know what' ! Uuuuurghhhh!
best thing to do is just go off grid altogether, move into a remote location and say fuck you to everything/everyone else Smile

and there is so much potential weakness in our infrastructure, and so many ways to cause decimation, thankfully terrorists are dumb, and no i will not point out weakness's to anyone Tongue
[quote='Bug_out_Bag' pid='17786' dateline='1341512829']

I Associate loss of Nat. Grid with either a terrorist attack or national bankruptcy ... it wouldn't be good that's for sure. Oh yes and as BP pointed out in another thread, pumping stations would
stop working and then if you live at the bottom of a hill sewage would back up and start filling your house with 'you know what' ! Uuuuurghhhh!

Thanks for the quick replys the sewage bit worrys me i never considered that no power could lead to having to move out !!!!!
I would go off grid tomorrow if i could !
Yup the Gas, Water and Sewage transport systems in the UK along with the sewage treatment works are all utterly reliant on leccy. As are most of our railways, trams, tube trains, elivators, traffic lights, escalators, air con, flood control systems, lowland drainage system pumps, electric door locks, cctvsystems , burglar alarms, street lights, Police, Fire and Ambulance raio systems etc Imagine the fun the large numbers of gangs will have within hours of a major power outage. !!!

David the grmlins have got your post please wait a sec.

David Said ( before the gremlin got him)
Thanks for the quick replys the sewage bit worrys me i never considered that no power could lead to having to move out !!!!!
I would go off grid tomorrow if i could !
My favourite phrase is still that "Cities are just necropilis in waiting"
lol i like SUK its the only forum i know with its owner resident gremlins Big Grin....kinda quaint xD

2 things i'd recommend on getting is a foldup porta potty seat, like a toilet seat that you can unfold, and also a little lightweight poop trowel....so you can crap in the ground in comfort xD...then bury it....dogs got it so right Tongue

also if power went thousands in hospitals would die, very quickly, anyone on life support and others following soon after....this reason is also why computer hacking can cause real world deaths Sad

one place i'd look at for cheap land is canada, you can get some gorgeous woodland right next to a lake for about 10,000dollars...with planning permission ready Smile...that'll give ya a few acres...although you can get alot more than a few acres ^^....personally i wanna be living in a log cabin with a bunker underneath right next to the lake somewhere in canda in the next 10 years...gimme some hunting rifles and pistols and a nice husky/border collie cross, or a husky wolf cross and ill be A-ok
heres the foldy potty

http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Products-...ble+toilet
I'm planning to be completely off-grid is terms of eleccy by the end of the year.

The smallest breeze and the cables go down round here- see the guy from Hydro electric more than the postie, so trying to get a wind turbine and more panels.

off mains drainage (septic tank, repainted with gas stickers), so only things that are on grid is water and (sometimes) the phone*

*depending on BT.
Ive just been reading about a power cut in north india 360m people without power it seems there grid has went down.
Pages: 1 2