Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Price variations for kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My son has been asking me for a tactical flashlight to EDC the type with the serrated bezels on the end which make the flashlight into a good self defence tool.
I did not want to spend a lot incase the little sod lost it like he did his last flashlight, So I thought about the mid range quality SPIDERFIRE flaslights.

SpiderFire R2 CREE 300 Lumens LED X03 Grey CR123A Torch

From a UK shop they cost £56
From Hong Kong Via Ebay £17

Unbelievable.
the chinese can always do it cheaper, dosent matter what IT is, it may take a couple of weeks for it to arrive from China or Hong Kong, i've ordered quite a few bits off Chinese sellers never had any problems.
It's not the Chines do it cheaper it is just the taxman doesn't steal as much from it.
(9 July 2012, 19:23)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]It's not the Chines do it cheaper it is just the taxman doesn't steal as much from it.

sounds about wright SD Smile
Is this torch lasting well? As it it's not a fake or anything? That kind of price is hard to pass up and I want to replace my £3 from the book club that comes around work torch.
its not so much the tax as the fact that these things are made in chinese factories and its very very common for workers to "supplement" their pay by either taking stuff off the production line or by "borrowing" the plans and taking them down the road to their mates factory xD
Let me tell you a story. I was thinking of importing Big game fly reels from China because of the lack of them in this country. I found a supplier that would sell me 50 reels for $50 each, i could have them engraved with my brand name for an extra $5 each making a total of $55 each.
Reseaching this reel i found it selling around the world by famous companies and not so famous companies. The cheapest i found the reel was $299 and the dearest was $699. What a rip off for the same reel.

I find this sort of pricing disgusting and a total rip off its a legal con.
good story, its truly ridiculous the price variations around the world, totally ridiculous, the one i hate most is the disparity between us and uk, i could buy a cold steel srk for 70 dollars or about 50 quid in the us, or i could buy the same knife for over 100 pounds in the uk, its totally ridiculous.

another example, my dream rifle costs $4900 in the us, and in the uk £5000

its fucking ridiculous and so godamned common Tongue
I know theres import tax and vat on the purchase price but not that much/.
yeah right Tongue ridiculous, is one reason i'd quite like to move to america Tongue
Pages: 1 2