Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Last Nights Panorama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The local job center near here closed down because there was no jobs, prolly cos there is no shops, factories, etc.
anybody in this area who has to sign on has to go to Exeter thats a 60 mile round trip...crazy!

I simply can't get my head round the fact that these people seem to be unable to budget! they appear to be reasonably intelligent people. By that I don't just mean divvying up the money, but spending what they have smarter. The kids need shoes... well that's no surprise, kids grow set up a kiddie fund. Can't afford meat every day, well what a shame Instead of buying that nice piece of beef, get some liver. I get so flippin' exasperated!
In my area there are no lack of job advertisements, but actually getting a job is problematic. I'm one of the unemployed at the mo. I've applied for quite a few jobs, haven't heard back from one. So I don't necessarily think it's lack of jobs, it's lack of getting a job that's the problem. BUT jobs have to be available to apply for them. There are definitely black spots where employment prospects are grim, but it's not the case for the country as a whole.
Thats where I get ticked off with these programmes. They use an area with a problem, then generalise it for the whole country. What a load of Bull excrement.
Right, I've had my rant for today, need a cup of coffee.
any job vacancy in this area is minimum wage and mostly part time, and even that will have 15 people applying for the same job, so 14 people will be unsuccessful.

This is the other problem I have. Some people have an inflated opinion of their value in the market place. Folk have to wake up to the fact that it's not what you are worth, but what the job is worth. Do people honestly expect to be paid top dollar to do a menial job simply because they think they are worth it? Rearrange this sentence. Cloud Cookooland Living in.
And it's not just your area BP. All of the jobs I have applied for are part time, because that's what's available.

We are a nation that now does not make anything, if we dont make anything we dont need raw materials, dont need processing plants, distribution networks, manufacturing plants, R & D centers, warehouses, van drivers, shop staff, admin staff managerial staff, shops or offices, cleaners and tea ladies. We dont effing well make anything so there is never going to be jobs for our young, just self serving old school tie ruling elite burocrats living of us.

Go and look at all your gear, shirts, pants, shoes, belts, phones, i pods, tvs, cars, tools etc all come from abroad.

We as a nation are just raking around in the ashes of our dying economy and society.

How do we get out of it you ask???

The answer is very very easy, you pass one simple new law requiring 50% of all goods, products, clothes, food, vehicles, tools, fuels, electronics sold in the UK to be made in the UK. If a company does not sell 50% British made stuff we tax it into the ground.
(11 July 2012, 10:33)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]We are a nation that now does not make anything, if we dont make anything we dont need raw materials, dont need processing plants, distribution networks, manufacturing plants, R & D centers, warehouses, van drivers, shop staff, admin staff managerial staff, shops or offices, cleaners and tea ladies. We dont effing well make anything so there is never going to be jobs for our young, just self serving old school tie ruling elite burocrats living of us.

Go and look at all your gear, shirts, pants, shoes, belts, phones, i pods, tvs, cars, tools etc all come from abroad.

We as a nation are just raking around in the ashes of our dying economy and society.

How do we get out of it you ask???

The answer is very very easy, you pass one simple new law requiring 50% of all goods, products, clothes, food, vehicles, tools, fuels, electronics sold in the UK to be made in the UK. If a company does not sell 50% British made stuff we tax it into the ground.
the first thing we have to do is get out of the sodding EU...passing a new law requiring 50% to be made in the UK is probably ILLEGAL while we are in the EU!
Pages: 1 2