Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Hmmm Rain !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It started raining HEAVY here last night at about 5.15 pm, not showery rain but heavy rain, ground is already waterlogged but the rain is still falling HEAVILY nearly 24 hours later, it pauses for a few minutes before coming back as heavy as before. what a year for crap weather.
crap weather, crops rotting in the fields, houses flooded, festivals cancelled, what a summer!!Big Grin
I am having a hard time of it due to the rain, as some know I am building a workshop, all wood build, today I have waited all day for a gap in the weather to fit the last seven panels, but no joy had to fit lights and do some wiring instead, oh and reinforced the door.

I am not a builder and am sure I have made many mistakes but for interest here is a vid I made of it so far.

10/10 wetancold. It looks great. When's the party?
W & C I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, ( Jelous stomping in NR pad) Smile
steady persistent rain again this morning, started when we got up and hasnt stopped since.

Sunny here in NorthantsBig Grin
It’s been good today since 6:30am, I managed to get the exterior of the work shop in place, no more work for few days other than the wife treating it, as I get high too easy from the fumes, this gives me a chance to get back into my training routine and start working on it from Monday, oh yeh its good to get some sun at last.
this rain has been a bastard, yesterday the fire garden at stonehenge got cancelled! so many people were gutted, luckily me and my parents went on wensday so we were pretty lucky, was amazing Smile

but this weather has been making alot of people very unhappy!...one of my very good friends parents lost their land rover cause of the rain!....his dad had to climb out the backwindow o.O the water was above the steering wheel xD...luckily their house was ok (old mill so built for water)...but it flooded the garden and wrecked loads of stuff Tongue