Survival UK Forums

Full Version: I NEED POWER!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
NR, If your were no so modest you would be perfect.
i try, honestly i really try but its just so hard being so perfect in such an imperfect world Smile
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
when you're perfect in every way.
I can't wait to look in the mirror
cause I get better loking each day.
To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man.
but I'm doing the best that I can.
I used to have a girlfriend
but she just couldn't compete
with all of these love starved women
who keep clamoring at my feet.
Well I prob'ly could find me another
but I guess they're all in awe of me.
Who cares, I never get lonesome
cause I treasure my own company.
when you're perfect in every way,
I can't wait to look in the mirror
cause I get better looking each day
To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man.
blahahahahahaaa, damn NR those meds sure do make you creative xDD.....i think we should buy you a guitar so you can sing that as a song lol
Love it NR. All we need is the music video on utube like Hrusai said. It'll go viral!
You could be the next superstar my friend!
Not my words its from an old song, a really old thing like SD Smile
awh man, and there i was thinking you was a lyrical genius xD....i still think you should do that music video though xD
Well, that was a pleasant surprise - I've just secured myself 2 * 20watt 12V solar panels for nowt! Hoping I can go pick 'em up tonight Big Grin

So now I'm on the hunt for leisure batteries!
Would these be any good for the 40w 12v panels I'm getting? Obviously I need a charge controller etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-deep-cyc..._2344wt_80

Cheers Big Grin
(15 July 2012, 01:16)WetandCold Wrote: [ -> ]Good reply if you’re ok with missing the point fully, ok so you did test good for you, can you tell me how my batts manage to recharge and continue cooking, boiling, lighting, running stereo and TV all though the winter (daylight) months
W&C, not trying to be confrontational, I was in a grumpy mood when I posted, sorry.

Solar panels still perform in daylight but at a greatly reduced rate.
If you solar is big enough and your load is small or infrequent enough you can (as you have shown) run a useful system in daylight.
However the fact remains that the winter output of solar is very small compared to the rated output of the panels.

Although you haven't stated size of your solar panels or your load I was left to assume that in your case the batteries fed most of the load for the probably short time you had it on and then the solar slowly replenished this power over the rest of the day.

WetandCold Wrote:You said although I cannot find the post now? That you cannot cook on solar setup and I disagree as I do so all the time, did you delete that reply or have I got threads mixed up?
I don't know what post I said that on, I didn't delete or edit it but I probably did say it somewhere. I should qualify: Running a typical kitchen cooker off solar would require a system that is probably well beyond the budget of most preppers, however there are small cookers that could be run off a reasonably sized solar system. Can you share what cooker you are using?

I certainly agree with your point that there are too many people who post personal opinion as though it were fact.
I do not consider you one of these.

[Edit: Because the content was not showing / broken quotes]
try http://shop.biolitestove.com/BioLite-Cam..._p_15.html it is a fire what charges devices, good for bug out bag
(18 July 2012, 19:36)James Jackson Wrote: [ -> ]try http://shop.biolitestove.com/BioLite-Cam..._p_15.html it is a fire what charges devices, good for bug out bag

The stove looks quite good ive been looking into a small portable solar panel maybe the biolite stove is an option is there any wind up power sourse on the market? i know you get wind up torch/radio
im looking at all options .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6