Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Oregon criminalizes permaculture; claims state ownership over all rainwater
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wait till the water companies over here read this....

Oregon criminalizes permaculture; claims state ownership over all rainwater - ponds and swales restricted - jail time for violators

There's nothing more refreshing than standing in a cool, summertime rain shower. Or bathing in the warm sunlight on a crisp spring day. Or inhaling the cool autumn air, fresh with the scent of turning leaves and pine needles. These things -- rainwater, sunlight, air -- have long been assumed to be not only free, but un-claimable. You can't claim to own the sunlight that falls on my front yard, for example. A corporation can't claim intellectual property ownership over the air that you breathe and demand you pay a royalty for inhaling.

But today, Jackson County, Oregon says it owns YOUR rainwater, and the county has sentenced a man to 30 days in jail and fined him over $1500, for the supposed "crime" of collecting rainwater on his own property.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036615_Oregon...z228Y7x63k
I read this the other day. If I recall (and feel few to correct) he want just collecting the run off from his roof into drums but stopping water in general running into others gardens etc. either way scary stuff. Very much the "you have to rely on the government for everything. No drinking your own non chemically treated water." Makes you wonder what they put in it besides the usual.
How long before we have to apply to get a licence for air.

Bonkers and very scary.
The world has gone mad
Wait until insurance claims are made, therefore if the water belongs to someone then it is there responsibilty.
On the face of it, and the way reported, this is utter bureaucratic nonsense.

Maybe its that if you collect your own water, you are not purchasing ir from the State owned monopoly. Ergo you are staling money from the state???

Ridiculous.
there was a statement made many years ago by South West Water something to the effect they owned ALL the water as soon as it fell out of the sky.
Brilliant - I'd want one dollar for every raindrop that fell on my property. If they own it and fail to collect it then I'll be keeping it - if they want it back then they've got to pay!
If the Water Companies own all the water that falls from the sky, surely people who have suffered from the recent floods, should be able to sue, as the Companies have not collected the water that fell? Or, do they have a get out clause? Kenneth Eames.
(31 July 2012, 10:26)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]Brilliant - I'd want one dollar for every raindrop that fell on my property. If they own it and fail to collect it then I'll be keeping it - if they want it back then they've got to pay!

Brilliant!
Pages: 1 2