Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Bored of shooting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dunno if im just being a grumpy sod, but after being given full membership status at my club I find myself increasingly bored of shooting at static 10m targets at 25m. People keep banging on about competitions etc, but that holds no appeal to me. I want to shoot at stuff that moves. Im not the best shot in the world, but I can pass all the accuracy tests etc. I find myself getting bored, so much so that I shoot at random point down the lane, such as the markers or target holders. Sometimes I just grab the semi auto an let rip.

Have I reached the point of no return? I presume that id find it more interesting if I had my own rifle, but these .22s aren't that great to shoot. Im considering running it off an either finding another club or giving up altogether.

Did anyone else find this when they started shooting? My mate comes along every week an takes great delight in scoring his sheets etc, but I cant see the point. I can hit the bloody thing no probs. Just doesnt hold any interest for me now.
Paper punching ain't for everyone mate I hate it prefer fur and feather with the shot being the last bit of the shall I say stalk when you've pited your witts against live quarry and you get something to eat out of it Smile
Bd
why not try practical shotgun, ok still static targets but you are on the move and its as close to combat as most people will get !
(28 August 2012, 23:41)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno if im just being a grumpy sod, but after being given full membership status at my club I find myself increasingly bored of shooting at static 10m targets at 25m. People keep banging on about competitions etc, but that holds no appeal to me. I want to shoot at stuff that moves. Im not the best shot in the world, but I can pass all the accuracy tests etc. I find myself getting bored, so much so that I shoot at random point down the lane, such as the markers or target holders. Sometimes I just grab the semi auto an let rip.

Have I reached the point of no return? I presume that id find it more interesting if I had my own rifle, but these .22s aren't that great to shoot. Im considering running it off an either finding another club or giving up altogether.

Did anyone else find this when they started shooting? My mate comes along every week an takes great delight in scoring his sheets etc, but I cant see the point. I can hit the bloody thing no probs. Just doesnt hold any interest for me now.

Fixed target shooting on indoor ranges is and will only every be a basic primer in the skills of a true rifleman, you most expand to field target or practical shooting with long arms and shotguns. Be honest 13 year old army cadets can plink .22 LR into 1/2 groups but by the time they are 14 they are out using Cadet GP 5.56 nato rifles.
Thanks all. I'm currently trying to find a PSG club / course not too far from home. Found one that also does practical rifle etc. Seems much more interesting. I've decided to stick with the club I'm at so I can get my FAC. Then my mate has a permission from a friendly local farmer, so I shall try that route and see if I can get permission also.

I like you thinking BD, can't be anything better than stalking, shooting then eating your prey.
Depends what you want. Some like the targets and accuracy, others want long range accuracy with all its fiobles. Others are in it for the kill, others for the food. Myself i just like destroying things and will spend many a happy hour reducing cans to nothing. I used to do that with an air rifle and my Airfix models but I don't do models now.
I like hunting Chavs, not as fast as foxes but nearly as much fun, and they are not as easy to bag as hippies.
Why not become an adult instructor with the ACF? You get access to all sorts of military hardware and decent ranges
(29 August 2012, 13:32)Tibbs735 Wrote: [ -> ]Why not become an adult instructor with the ACF? You get access to all sorts of military hardware and decent ranges

Just having a look at that now - looks very interesting indeed. Thanks!
Yup I managed to renew free of charge my 22lr 25 yard yard indoor instructers cert and a outdoor range masters certs along with my HGV class two for nothing courtesy of the ACF. They even offered to pay for my mountain leadership cert if I was daft enough to volunteer.
(29 August 2012, 13:32)Tibbs735 Wrote: [ -> ]Why not become an adult instructor with the ACF? You get access to all sorts of military hardware and decent ranges

Have you evil seen the look of pure malevolence on the faces of sweeet baby faced 13 yr old cadets the first time they get to fire an LSW on full auto !!! , Terrifing, truly.
Pages: 1 2