Survival UK Forums

Full Version: bleach tablets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi there

Has anyone seen bleach tablets? they sell them in the pound shops in strips of 36.
I will get some the next time i am in town and let you know what the packaging says. perhaps there as good as they sound, taking up little space...... or maybe just useless lol.

Heard about them but never used them I once read someone made chlorine gas by accident with em, but dry tabletised bleach could be a very useful item for our caches.
Milton tablets. get them in most supermarkets.

Simples
The 99p store in Chester sells them in strips of 36. Each tablet makes 1 Gallon of bleach if I remember. I'll check tomorrow and thus by reducing or increasing the water you can adjust the strength. I bought a few of them.

That store is well worth visiting, specs for 99p, ponchos, camping stuff. It soon mounts up though.
(29 August 2012, 22:31)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Heard about them but never used them I once read someone made chlorine gas by accident with em, but dry tabletised bleach could be a very useful item for our caches.

To do this...
Add tinfoil scrunched up into your bleach, close the doors and windows and that could rid your room of rats and nasty crittersTongue. only in a wtshtf situation though!
(29 August 2012, 23:06)Greenman Wrote: [ -> ]
(29 August 2012, 22:31)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Heard about them but never used them I once read someone made chlorine gas by accident with em, but dry tabletised bleach could be a very useful item for our caches.

To do this...
Add tinfoil scrunched up into your bleach, close the doors and windows and that could rid your room of rats and nasty crittersTongue. only in a wtshtf situation though!

bloody hell does that work , that chlorine gas is a killer for people too
(29 August 2012, 22:39)Greenman Wrote: [ -> ]Milton tablets. get them in most supermarkets.

Simples

Used these in the tropics to clean out water storage tank of a house that used to be left empty while we were away for periods of up to two years. Imagine the sort of nasties that can multiply in permanently warm water in that time:-(

Upon arrival first job was always to drain the tank and let it refill. Once refilled a handfull of milton tabs thrown in and left for an hour or so till all disolved then systematic opening of all taps in the house until chlorine smelling water was flowing.

Over a period of several decades we never picked up any nasties from the house water supply.

These things are very effective.
hi.
I got some of those bleach tablets today. ingredients are sodium dichlorisocanurate 56 percent. w/w anhydrousas active chlorine agent. if that means anything to anyone.
One tablet makes one litre of bleach. and there is 36 in a packet, sounds good value, i suppose you could use any water
to make them with, (ie not drinking water).
(1 September 2012, 20:24)Bjm Wrote: [ -> ]hi.
I got some of those bleach tablets today. ingredients are sodium dichlorisocanurate 56 percent. w/w anhydrousas active chlorine agent. if that means anything to anyone.
One tablet makes one litre of bleach. and there is 36 in a packet, sounds good value, i suppose you could use any water
to make them with, (ie not drinking water).

where did you get them from
i got them from pound land, and they were only a quid! lol
Pages: 1 2