Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Be truthful here can you put your hands on every bit of kit you have
Do you know we're everything is are you organized ? And if so are the gear in bags ready to go or neat on shelves cupboard s etc
I no were everything is but it changes from time to time in what I think is a priority

Bd
To be honest I couldn'y lay my hands on everything without a little search. I know roughly where everything is but everything I need quickly I can get quickly. The stuff I can't get is put away for a rainy day.
I know where all my stuff is, but that's because I don't have very much of it. I envy some of the preps you lot have in place. Still, anything is better than nothing!
Nup the only ready constant is the BOBs and EDCs and even then stuff like batteries, light sticks, pens, pain killers etc have a habit of disappearing from them, plus we keep eating the food supplies !!!

I do manage to keep 95% of our gear in plastic bags, waterproof food containers and large plastic storage boxes but its nigh on impossible to keep track of everything.
I'm clearing out the garage and shed at the moment and keep finding stuff I had forgotten I had stashed away because I had either replaced it for a better quality item or discarded it from one of the bags. I reckon I could set up a shop selling cheap multitools with the amount I keep finding.

All the important stuff I can lay my hands on straight away but I'm sure the extras and other bits and pieces move by themselves because I can never remember putting them where I find them

I know exactly where all my stuff is. Because I'm moving again, it's all in a boxWink
I've no idea where everything is.
Last practice we held (triggered by a flood alert) took us 4 hours to get the basics together and the house looked like a bomb had gone off in it.

Wrote out a lovely list at the end as stuff was put away.
Then we spring cleaned.
List in the bin now.

We used to have a proud boast that everything we owned would fit in the back of our two vehicles. Used to.
Now, a Luton box van would be needed plus the van.

Never pays to stay in one place for a long time does it?

every thing that is vital is no more than 30 minutes to gather up and put in rucksack, all extras are no more than a further 20 mins, or more depending on how much extra you need, still alot more stuff to buy however, but all the basics are there Smile

so i do need further organissation, but for most things my current "organisation" will suffice!
(9 September 2012, 22:49)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]I know exactly where all my stuff is. Because I'm moving again, it's all in a boxWink

Gypsey Rose Tof
I cant even remember where I buried the body !!!! ................. Whoops Smile