Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Man made homes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tv programme "kevin mclouds man made home" is on tomorrow channel 4 at 8pm if anyone is intrested he'll be building it using natural (wood from his forest) and salvaged (others rubbish) items and by the looks of the advert he'll be making everything from scratch using things he makes himself!

Http://www.channel4.com/programmes/kevin...e/series-1
Just checked my link and its not working but if you google "kevin macclouds man made home" it'll come up ok.
The only homes that are not man made are caves. Everything else seems to need some input from us.
So true SD but what I meant is he's making everything himself... Cutting down trees and splitting the wood to make tiles for the roof instead of just going to a builders yard for them etc
will be watching it but from the trailer it dosent look like a HOME more of a glorified shed!
yeah it does look a bit like a shed! but saying that most of the cabins built by pioneers in the usa during the 1700's and 1800's were just that too!
hell when i aim to be living in a glorified shed when im older, my plan is in the next 5 years buying remote land and building everything from scratch, live off the land, i'll certainly be watching this show though, sounds like a good place for some inspiration Big Grin
Haha, just saw this advertised and came on to post this exact thread but ya beat me to it. Think there'll be a number of preppers watching with interest
I would love to live in a Log Cabin out in the boonies, you can get some superb prefab cabin kits that can be fully winterised as well.
(23 September 2012, 11:51)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to live in a Log Cabin out in the boonies, you can get some superb prefab cabin kits that can be fully winterised as well.

yeah wouldnt we all...love to live in a log cabin in the boonies, i mean!
Pages: 1 2