Survival UK Forums

Full Version: How to wear a tie!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what are we breeding these days? 11-18 year olds who need a video to show how to wear a tie! now i know we are rearing a generation of idiots! i could tie a tie before i was 6 years old. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...oking.html
(20 October 2012, 14:28)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]what are we breeding these days? 11-18 year olds who need a video to show how to wear a tie! now i know we are rearing a generation of idiots! i could tie a tie before i was 6 years old. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...oking.html

Dont laugh but one of my main jobs as an NCO in the army was teaching recruits, and you would be amazed at just how many could not faster a tie, could not fasten shoe laces, could not use a steam iron and did not know how to wash clothes !!!. equally I was coming across plenty of the end result of Labours comprehensive school system who could barely read or write at 18 years old.
(20 October 2012, 14:48)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(20 October 2012, 14:28)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]what are we breeding these days? 11-18 year olds who need a video to show how to wear a tie! now i know we are rearing a generation of idiots! i could tie a tie before i was 6 years old. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...oking.html

Dont laugh but one of my main jobs as an NCO in the army was teaching recruits, and you would be amazed at just how many could not faster a tie, could not fasten shoe laces, could not use a steam iron and did not know how to wash clothes !!!. equally I was coming across plenty of the end result of Labours comprehensive school system who could barely read or write at 18 years old.
have come across plenty of people who cant read and write in adult life, a friends OH couldnt read or write cos she spent most of her teenage years not in school but in the long grass with her legs open! knew how to spend money though.....i wonder if the 2 things are connected??Big Grin
The high school my oldest son goes to refuse to give the kids real ties and say they will give them lessons on how to tie a tie before they leave!!!!
Its like learning to ride a bike,you never forget when you learn. Does that mean theres a gap in market for bright pink or green clip on ties? The kids seem to have everything as radioativly bright as possible now.
at hardyes they used to have to wear proper ties, now everyone gets a clip on because for most kids its "too hard" to tie a tie Tongue

i really am ashamed of my generation Sad
The excuse the schools give is that it makes the kids all look the same but i think its cos they were too tempted to strangle some of the little buggers lol
Problem with tying a real knot in a real tie is that it it so open to interpretation. Kids will tie it so the tie is short, or so the skinny bit of the tie is shown or a bad knot and so as to absolve the teachers of the responsibility of saying

'Hey, scruffbag, this is how a tie is to be worn...'

And actually showing them that a tie should be tied and worn. Imagine the day young scratter comes home and the parent or guardian it happens to be living with at the time asks it what it learned that day and the answer is something like this:

'Well, we learned that if you tie a four in hand you will forever look like the overweight man in a cheap suit who does the photocopying, smells and wheezes when he walks. If you tie the Pratt people with think you do not wash your hands properly after you wiped for some reason and the only real knots to use are the Half Windsor and the Full Windsor. The Half Windsor is to be used for serious business such as job interviews, smiling at juries putting ladies to the sword at weddings. The Full Windsor is to be used when being interviews for large bank loans when your business plan is weak or not there, when you are to spend several days drinking gin in good company and when wearing a regimental tie of a regiment you never served with but every one will believe you did a short service commission with'.

Or we could just teach kids that if the cry like they are at an X Factor audition and whine about such concepts as fairness and human rights, people will just roll over to them.
At my sons school they all wear white shirts two colour ties depending on what intake they were, skirts , trousers, blazers etc and plain black shoes.

The problems arise from the girls think that skirts should be no longer than 3 inches and dont need to cover the bits many of em will earn a living from later in life, and I reckon at least 90% of the parent must be absolutely impoverished and cannot afford a steam iron or shoe polish, either that or they are just dirty lazy scuffy chavs.
the latter nr
Pages: 1 2