Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Possibly the weirdest question I've ever asked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think we all feqar it but that we control that fear and do something about it. Others let fear take over and that is not a way to life.

After all we are all on a death sentence from the moment we are born. Do we fear that, yes, but does it impact our lives. No.
Whats to fear? The unknown? We wake up everyday not knowing what will happen.
Should we then fear the morning itself?

There's many things beyond our control such as Fukushima or total nuclear war... why bother to worry about what you cant control.

I am constantly "concerned", or "aware" that's it.

Fear plays no part in my preps or my life because I'd fear myself into an early grave.

I've got 5 people and a granny to be concerned about.

Two others apart from me are definitely useable in my group, so that's three able preppers and the rest to be looked after.
That's life.

Fear nothing, because we are more prepared than most.

We have the ability to survive and prosper come shtf.

We have plans in place, food put by, defenses in place.

Why spend your life worrying about something that may never come to pass?

We prep hoping never to use the knowledge and skills we have.

We are better because of what we do, what we talk about and the online or personal friendships we make with other preppers, we ARE different from the majority, we ARE special because we will survive and thrive post shtf.

We are the animals that survived the disaster that wiped out the dinosaurs, we are aware of things that others are not and that is sometimes difficult to live with, but its a burden but not a bad one its a good one, we go forward every day with eyes wide open.

We are the pioneers, we are the explores of old.

I've seen people blindly wandering through life oblivious to anything, what a blissful worry free life they lead but will they survive?
Probably not because they wont see the train coming till its to late.
We however, stopped at the level crossing and waited for it to pass.

Franklin d Roosevelt once said "So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself -- nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance".
Fear is just death by another name, start to fear and you may pause at a crucial moment, start to fear that there's nothing you can do and you may give up prepping.

Prepping is the straw we clutch at, prepping is hanging on by the skin of your teeth.
Adapt, overcome, survive, thrive.
No
fear is a cancer if u let it in your f--ked adabt and over come prep be prepared that is what we do prepare for the worst fear would be having nothing and tshit

Bd
I can honestly say that fear doesn't come into my prepping at all. I just look at it as a list of problems that need solving or avoiding. Thats not trying to be macho or anything but is just the way it works for me. I dont go round searching for the latest headline to be worried about as worrying solves bugger all. I have a list of threats that I think might affect me and I try and prep towards them. I know that its impossible to cover everything prepwise but there is no point worrying about it as it will happen whether i worry about it or not.

Living in fear of what might happen is no way to live at all, and if i did then i think i would prefer to be a sheep and live in ignorant bliss Smile
I prep because an enormous amount of it overlaps with self sufficiency/ homesteading. The remaining survivalist element is because human society has proven time and time again to be inherently fragile. Anyone who contests this and says that your life-style is instead based on a reactionary fear stimulus is ignoring history.
All civilizations come to an end eventually, and the citizens who inhabit those civilizations do not pass quietly into history.
By prepping you are living like we did just a few decades ago, by stocking up food in times of plenty in anticipation for times of hardship, whilst taking it further in response to future concerns you can see coming over the hill.
By prepping you are fulfilling that most basic biological purpose of ensuring your genes are passed on.
(20 October 2012, 19:37)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]I remember when I first got on this forum, it was hugely about the news, and gear reviews. The reviews are reducing, and the news is increasing. Which suggests either a heightening of fear, or of awareness....or both.

My answer to HER question: I live in freedom, knowing that I have accounted and taken measure, of those items that bring me fear. Accounting for the things that I am worried about, has allowed me to be more comfortable and relaxed in everyday life.

I remember NR harping on about having a good plan. Silly NR, what does he know? Turns out....quite a bit. So I developed a plan, that he probably wouldn't refer to as GOOD. As a result of building a plan (as helped by everyone on this forum), I live thinking that 'If something were to happen, I should be able to adapt and develop whatever plan I have for said situation. Having a plan has given me ease and relaxation that if something were to happen, I would probably be okay. Moreover, if nothing were to happen, I would have had a wonderful life living it up learning and practicing skills like, snowboarding, skiing, diving, swimming, bike riding, emergency driving, bushcraft, camping, and a whole host of martial arts, along with cooking, wood work, ultra running, and a shed-load more stuff.

I live freely, because I lived in fear....which has now become, a life of awareness and fun.
bugger me! are you planning to start a cult?Big Grin yes sensei, or master, or brother...Sleepy
am i scare? nope i prep , also in an ex para with 20 years service and a full FAC :and have just started loading my own ammo up to the legal limits of course P
Bout the only thing that worries me is the thought that there are ex paras out there who still think they can shoot !!!! Smile Smile, Remember that paras like marines have to be dropped enmasse from planes (boats) in an effort to secure a target because they could not be trusted with a map and compass or a Land Rover Smile EG the marines and navy recently surrendering to some Iranians in a dinghy, or the marines landing in Spain instead of Gibralter, or the superb footage on YT of marine charging up to the beach all gung ho in their rigid raiders at low tide , all leapt out of their boats and immediately get stuck up to their waists in mud, it took em an hour to move 30 feet. then of course the Paras mistaking a canal for a DZ, a forest for a DZ etc. But my favourite goes back to the seventies when the Paras entered a navigating tabbing / yomping comp and being red berets decided they had to set the stardard for all others to follow and raced off into the distance the second the starting pistol was fired. They clocked up an amazing 10 mile gap between then and everyone else primarily because they had gone five miles in the totally opposite direction to everyone else before they realised they were going the wrong way Smile

Fortunately the MOD have the brains to Keep and expand The Rifles / LI/ RGJ etc someone has to make sure the job is done properly whilst the marines and paras ponce about trimming their magnum mustaches and preaning their side burns !!! Smile

Cede Nullis
NO, i do not live in fear, i live in anticipation!!Big Grin
*locks NR in a dog kennel!!*

. you know i forgot about NR he really does scare me sometimes Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3