Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Athens: Social Meltdown - Greek subtitles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(24 October 2012, 15:46)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I recently tried buying my growing son budget priced trainers from places like JJB, Brands like Dunlop, Lonsdale etc the soles wore through in under 3 weeks.

That's nuts!!! I had a cheap pair of Lonsdale trainers that didn't fit my dad. They were worn almost daily, and I walked (and ran) literally hundreds of miles in them! I kid you not. I was walking around in them for 3 years, including 3 holidays to Disney in Florida....that's at least 8-10 miles a day, for 10 days a time!!!

Might have just been unlucky with the pair?
Its a kid thing, teenage and preteen boys go through trainers and school shoes like they are wearing chocolate shoes, ie they just get worn straight through... the only devastating time is when they grow out of reasonably priced kiddy shoes and have to get mens sized and way more expensive shoes and trainers....
That's a fair point MG.

I used to scrape my heals loads, and that knackered the back of my shoes. But I've stopped that, and shoes are lasting me YEARS!!!!
Had dunlop hiking shoes didnt even get ten miles out of them. Dont do trainers find im so used to boots they hurt my feet, those bumby bits at light crossings are horrible. Wearing german para boots at the moment,best boot ive ever owned.
i wear Mercury hi top walking boots most of the time, £10-£12 per pair, got 4 pairs in stock-wear one pair out get another 2..
Pages: 1 2