Survival UK Forums

Full Version: wild boar attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fabulous eating, I wish we had wild boar roaming free up here but most Uk ones are in the south and south west, long may they keep breeding.
(30 October 2012, 16:38)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Fabulous eating, I wish we had wild boar roaming free up here but most Uk ones are in the south and south west, long may they keep breeding.

yep, there's plenty of them in the wilds of North Devon, stupid Johnny Kingdom organised a hunt for them but they came up empty!!Tongue
Never tried boar
(30 October 2012, 23:31)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Never tried boar

Youve never eaten real meat then bonny lad, Next time the Hoppings is on, or the Village Green event in Berwick you can usually find a stand selling wild boar in buns.

And theirs usually a stand in the middle of Dalton Park on most weekends. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Nah im a late bloomer when it comes to meat, need to add squirrel to the list of things to eat
(30 October 2012, 16:38)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Fabulous eating, I wish we had wild boar roaming free up here but most Uk ones are in the south and south west, long may they keep breeding.

You're right NR, excellent eating.

The only snag is that Boars will find you excellent eating too...

And when they are in a gang they become completely fearless........remember in the summer when trying the radio trandmission tests to the SUK team when my partner, me and our very angry dog got in trouble with a pack of the buggers and had to make a run fot it? And only the light from a little UV3r handheld to find our way down off the hill through a very small and somehat unused path Ughhh.....A good lesson learned.....Always take a good torch with me!!!. Or maybe good strong snares would be a better idea?

(31 October 2012, 06:47)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Nah im a late bloomer when it comes to meat, need to add squirrel to the list of things to eat

Squirrel in chesnut sauce , Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
(31 October 2012, 09:31)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]You're right NR, excellent eating.

The only snag is that Boars will find you excellent eating too...

And when they are in a gang they become completely fearless........remember in the summer when trying the radio trandmission tests to the SUK team when my partner, me and our very angry dog got in trouble with a pack of the buggers and had to make a run fot it? And only the light from a little UV3r handheld to find our way down off the hill through a very small and somehat unused path Ughhh.....A good lesson learned.....Always take a good torch with me!!!. Or maybe good strong snares would be a better idea?

Thats why Merkins put there shooting seats about 8 ft above the ground fastened to seats along side boar paths( usually leading from scrubland where they kip to a water supply where they drink and wallow.
I read about a guy who put three hollow point rounds into a wild porker and it only annoyed it !!!!
NR re: ........ I read about a guy who put three hollow point rounds into a wild porker and it only annoyed it !!!!

A family friend had a collision with a wild Boar in the forest of Fontainblau in France...... Result Citroen DS completely immobilized... Pig picked itself up and ran off into the forest...

There's lots of bodywork on those cars ahead of any delicate engine components, so you can imagine the impact that was needed to kill the car!

Nasty critters, anly any good when cooked well :-)
with reference to boars, lets never forget they THRIVED in europe when it was full of wolves and big cats and other predators, after TSHTF there wont be many people to keep em in check ( Berlin is already overan with em) infact we will want them to breed, but we will need to be far more aware of the risks.
Pages: 1 2