Survival UK Forums

Full Version: New York
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Assume you are all watching this from New York and 'Sandy'.

How much damage, where is the food and water coming from to live.
How long to clean up.
Roll on effect.
Interesting thinking on preps. Even how to prep for something like this.

Nature can always hit back.
John
(30 October 2012, 16:22)John Wrote: [ -> ]Assume you are all watching this from New York and 'Sandy'.

How much damage, where is the food and water coming from to live.
How long to clean up.
Roll on effect.
Interesting thinking on preps. Even how to prep for something like this.

Nature can always hit back.
John

hello John, thats the problem of living in a city, and why some of us got out.in a city we are just a number on an electoral roll.
the death toll is now 33. 5 MILLION homes now without power.
My cousin moved to Ney York about a week ago... nice timing really! They were evacuated and are now in a tiny hotel room which luckily didn't lose power although many around them did. They have been told they can't expect to go back to their flat on the 38th floor for at least a couple of days. His place of work naturally was closed today but are hoping to be back at it tomorrow! Not sure how realistic that is as it is in an area that was affected... but thats what he has been told.
I heard that some areas could be without power for two weeks or more. That means freezer food spoiling if not eaten. It underlines the importance of having AT LEAST a month's supply of food in store at any one time.

I wonder if a power-outage of this duration will impact on water supplies? I'm pretty certain it will in some of the high rise apartment buildings.
(30 October 2012, 20:10)Tarrel Wrote: [ -> ]I heard that some areas could be without power for two weeks or more. That means freezer food spoiling if not eaten. It underlines the importance of having AT LEAST a month's supply of food in store at any one time.

I wonder if a power-outage of this duration will impact on water supplies? I'm pretty certain it will in some of the high rise apartment buildings.

NYCs water supply comes from upstate in a ginormous newish pipeline system big enough to drive a truck down, its pumped and gravity fed. BUT its electrically PUMPED into the majority of premises in the city, worse the sewage system is like Londons, electrically pumped.
A typhoon (Asian hurricane) is causing chaos around Vietnam & china. But that's not important for news channels as its not America.
That's because their weather won't affect us and usually any weather front that's hits east america can affect us
45 dead and 8 million homes without power, over 18,000 flights cancelled too...

[Image: ShowImage.ashx?ID=206194]

looks grim, my thoughts are with all affected.
Pages: 1 2