Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Pacific NW very worrying signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like Cascadia fault may be getting ready to do something really unpleasant, Update from original post.

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/earthquake...arthquake/
It says Mag 9!!! Isn't that what can be felt over 1000 miles away?
A nine pointer would be a major disaster with devestating consequences in human lives and cost.
Sandy cost 50 million dollars can we even begin to think how much this sort of disaster would cost
I'm just glad it's on the wrong side of the US/Canada to affect us.
Well we do have about 200 earthquakes here in the uk most of these you won't feel them being around 1 pointers
I'm not sure if this is anything to do with this.
A powerful earthquake off the Pacific coast of Guatemala on Wednesday sent debris crashing down onto cars, collapsed roads and killed dozens in the Central American nation, officials said.At least 48 people died in the temblor, President Otto Perez Molina said in a Twitter post Wednesday night, and doctors treated at least 150 others for injuries.Earlier Wednesday, Guatemala's disaster relief agency said 29 people were missing and hundreds had lost their homes.Residents felt the 7.4-magnitude quake throughout Central America and as far north as Mexico City. Its epicenter was about 15 miles off the western coastal town of Champerico, at a depth of 26 miles.It was the strongest quake to hit Guatemala since 1976, the president told reporters, when a 7.5-magnitude quake killed 23,000 people."Fortunately, the damage that we have is not at the same level," Perez Molina said Wednesday.iReport: Video from the quakeRoads collapsed in multiple locations around the Pacific coastal region of Guatemala, Perez Molina said.Photos on the Facebook page of the nation's disaster relief agency showed rubble crushing cars and damage to the ceiling at a school in the department of San Marcos.There were reports of homes and schools destroyed in western Guatemala, Perez Molina told CNN en Español. Many people fled buildings when the tremor first hit
I watched sumat on the T.V about this back in 2008...It's not a question if, it's WHEN. The experts believe the BIGGIE is gonna rip California to bits, This is gonna be the mother of all Earthquakes. It's gonna be mean, it's gonna be nasty and it's going to be deadly Sad I read on the link you posted that some of the Americans said they were well prepped, how can you be prepped for the Earth opening at your feet? Mountains crumbling, probs Gas stations exploding? Gas lines exploding, It's going to be total carnage, Some say it's going to happen soon, some say another 100 years, What would you do if this was the u'k? Get out now or bide your time in the hope it will be 100 years before Mother nature kicks off?
If it was the uk there wouldn't be much of a uk left in my opinion. Were not equiped to deal with anything on that scale we would have to wait for other countries to rally round thankfully my friends r listening and getting bits in whatever they can afford. But even so with that kind of catastrophe there's not one of us no matter how well prepped we are will escape unscathed be it death injuries or losing a home
(9 November 2012, 23:31)Pagan-Mist Wrote: [ -> ]If it was the uk there wouldn't be much of a uk left in my opinion. Were not equiped to deal with anything on that scale we would have to wait for other countries to rally round thankfully my friends r listening and getting bits in whatever they can afford. But even so with that kind of catastrophe there's not one of us no matter how well prepped we are will escape unscathed be it death injuries or losing a home

A force 9 in the Uk would be devastating cos most of our buildings are built completely rigid with brick and stone and even the modern concrete n glass towers are not built to sway like towers in fault zone areas.
Pages: 1 2