Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Good article by Ken on EMP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The US military (and presumably our own) were alarmed about this a few decades ago and have "hardened" their comms against it. However, it would present horrendous problems to the civilian population.
Huh

EMP risk is why so many of us keep any electronics that we'l like to preserve for future use in Faraday cages.

There are lots of threads on hera that have already covered this off so I won't describe again.
(3 November 2012, 12:18)cryingfreeman Wrote: [ -> ]The US military (and presumably our own) were alarmed about this a few decades ago and have "hardened" their comms against it. However, it would present horrendous problems to the civilian population.

Ha Ha Ha, sorry to laugh but I happen to work in this feild and at this point nobody has bothered their arse to protect anything.
How true. (IT and Comms Industry)

I find its usually the uk that's lacking and always behind everyone else
Isn't a car a good faraday cage???
Most cars electrics will be fried by an emp, but I dont know enough about it.
A car is not a good faraday cage at all. Think about it, radios, phones work in them. Radio waves just blast right through with little interference.
Pages: 1 2