Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Perfect Disaster, solar storm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Watched this a while ago.
Goes back to what I said on the 2012 thread.
There's good scientific evidence this will occur and when it does Gawd help us all.
Yet what's being done about it, I mean by the worlds PTB?
Sure the military is sort of hardened against it but medical stuff?

As for our dependance on computers, I'm no so sure I like odds as just about everything has some sort of logic chip fitted and emp pulses can also burn out the most basic of circuitry.
No computers, no food deliveries, no money, no fuel, no clean water, total anarchy in 48 hours or less.
At least my Chinese abacus will still work.

If an emp wipes out all the computers etc.., does that mean the bank loses all records of how much I owe them Smile
You can be guaranteed that what you owe is written in ink.
Of course the computer controlled automated fire suppressant might not run.
All you'll need then is a box of matches.
Just had our wood-fired Rayburn installed. Cooking, heating and hot water, all without any electricity required. Spare coil, condenser and voltage regulator for Landrover in tin box in shed. So, sort of EMP-prepped in our own basic way. Who knows, a good jolt might actually get the Landrover's fuel gauge working!
(5 November 2012, 18:06)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]If an emp wipes out all the computers etc.., does that mean the bank loses all records of how much I owe them Smile

I'm hoping the student loan company has the same loss of records haha.