Survival UK Forums

Full Version: UV5R HT Programming Images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The two Programming Images for the UV5R are complete and tested

Testing has been completed successfuly by Gary5wift on a "UV5R PLUS" variant.

The image files are attached for anyone who wants them.

The preSHTF image has all Channelised Transmit Frequencies disabled, with exception of PMR446. Transmitting with the UV5r on PMR446 will still be in breach ofthe radio regulations, but this setup will protect against that inadvertant transmissions on the Marine Distress channels. In this configuration the radio can still receive all programmed channels.

The afterSHTF image has the same channels as above, but this time transmit is enabled on all channels. Default power is LOW to conserve pattery power, but this can be overidden to HIGH power by the user when necessary.

NO IMAGE FILES ATTACHED AS FILE TYPE NOT PERMITTED BY SUK SITE

MODERATOR: Please advise how to upload these? Or advise how to host the image files in the Download section of the main site?

Thank you for all your hard work on this LS, it is really appreciated. Big Grin

If your radio is displaying only the frequency after loading the images it is quite easy to change this to show either channel number or channel name:

1. Press Menu button to enter the menu system.
2. Enter 21 – this takes you to menu item 21, or you could just scroll up to it with the up/down buttons.
3. Press Menu button again to enable change
4. Use the up/down buttons to scroll between Frequency, Channel, Name as required.
5. Press Menu button to accept the change
6. Press Exit button to exit the menu system.

Thanks for all your work LS.
LS and GS,

Thanks much for all that awesome work.
Once purchased, my unit will be updated with the images.
Ordering in a couple of weeks.
SD has contacted me. I've sent him programming the Image files. He'll make these available for download on the site shortly.

He is VERY busy at this time so please bear with him.

LS
Downloaded this yesterday, programming cable should arrive shortly - so I'll be dropping the PSHTF image on as soon as it's here.
Installed - BRILLIANT!!! Many thanks! Now to drop some of the local repeaters in too Big Grin
Hello GS and LS,

Please can I get some help installing the channel info on my 5R+ units please?
I got the cable but am not sure if to use the software that came with them.

I am completely clueless so please do be patient with me...
(14 December 2012, 21:24)Mandlaka Wrote: [ -> ]Hello GS and LS,

Please can I get some help installing the channel info on my 5R+ units please?
I got the cable but am not sure if to use the software that came with them.

I am completely clueless so please do be patient with me...

I've just done this 10 mins ago.

You need: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/baofeng_uv...d%20prior/

The patched software from this link (you'll need a yahoo account)

Then the drivers for the cable:
I used USB Cable Driver Prolific 3.2.0.0.exe cause I'm on Windoze 7 and the original one didn't work (apparently I may have a cloned cable?)
Get it from here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/baofeng_uv...%20CABLES/

install the driver, restart.
plug your cable into the computer and the baofeng, keep the baofeng turned off.

fire up the patched VIP software, turn on the radio. Mine came in on com 5 - dunno what yours will come in on though.

Open the dat file and write to the radio
Spot on BM - that's exactly how to do it. If you know how to open up Device Manager you can find the Comm Port that it will use on your machine, otherwise it'll just be trial and error but you'll get the right one eventually.
Pages: 1 2