Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Why do I prep (not to entertain Nat Geo)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Like the analogy of insurance NR. Makes good sense.
Another plus is that the money spent on prepping is 100% going to be used by you.
TPTB won't get a look in.
Looks like common sense is not so common 'cos most folks do not even think about prepping at all. Worse are those who ridicule prepping and preppers.
And the government is certainly not going to come charging to the rescue of common folk like me and mine. So yes it behoves every person with half a brain - especially parents - to prepare for emergencies whether storms, snow, conflict or solar flare.
How hard is that to figure out? Or is it because they would have to forgo the 60 inch LED TV or a couple of nights out?
I really do not get them.
Well all of what N.R posted and this:-
I have always fancied a simplier lifestyle, something like the 'Amish' but without the religion.
I was trained in the Forces to be self sufficient and prepared for everything.
I don't buy into this materialistic world and its never ending and very dangerous path towards world destruction.
I prep because it gives me a better chance of surviving tshtf, I prep because its my job to survive. I prep because then I don't have to rely on others and I won't feel guilt if they have a sheeples mentality and not a preppers and I won't feel the need to help.
I prep because it makes sense to cover all the possible issues that may occur. I have a coat in the car in case it rains, I have a door lock in case thieving scum come around, I have spare pens, batteries, light bulbs, just in case so i have more food than I can eat in a few days. Just in case.
(29 November 2012, 00:57)SealDriver Wrote: [ -> ]Well all of what N.R posted and this:-
I have always fancied a simplier lifestyle, something like the 'Amish' but without the religion.
I don't buy into this materialistic world and its never ending and very dangerous path towards world destruction.

very true SealDriver, i'm always advocating the "Amish" way of life but like you say without the religion. i dont like materialism for its own sake-as in "keeping up with the joneses", i hate this throw away society when stuff could be repaired and reused, i'm very "into" recycling and reusing!
(29 November 2012, 19:32)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(29 November 2012, 00:57)SealDriver Wrote: [ -> ]Well all of what N.R posted and this:-

very true SealDriver, i'm always advocating the "Amish" way of life but like you say without the religion. i dont like materialism for its own sake-as in "keeping up with the joneses", i hate this throw away society when stuff could be repaired and reused, i'm very "into" recycling and reusing!

Hi B.P,
I remember when families passed down heirlooms to the next generation and with that item came advice and wisdom, better times I think.
(29 November 2012, 19:38)SealDriver Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi B.P,
I remember when families passed down heirlooms to the next generation and with that item came advice and wisdom, better times I think.

i even remember my father repairing all our shoes cos we didnt have enough money to take them to the cobblers.
(29 November 2012, 19:43)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi B.P,

i even remember my father repairing all our shoes cos we didnt have enough money to take them to the cobblers.

That's nothing B.P, when I was a lad we used to live in a cardboard box in middle o' road!........Big Grin
(29 November 2012, 21:15)SealDriver Wrote: [ -> ]
(29 November 2012, 19:43)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi B.P,

That's nothing B.P, when I was a lad we used to live in a cardboard box in middle o' road!........Big Grin

well, of course, we 'ad it tough...
Pages: 1 2 3