Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Neat 100 litre water buts at Argos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just spotted Argos selling rather neat and compact 100 litre rain water buts with diverter kits for £29, ideal to boost your water storage capacity, either plugged into your gutter system or just as a stand alone water store !!
I'm starting to think after watching DDP that my water supplies may be inadequate, I use mainly 20 litre opaque HD plastic water jerry cans plus my Berfield filter but since we had the combi boiler fitted we no longer have the 75 gallon cold water header tank in the loft. So I'm looking for extra storage capacity, I would hate to think I may be deriven out of doors to look for water even though I'm no where near running out of food.

When those plastic bag water BOBS come down to a sensible price I'll prolly get one of those as well.
Thanks for that I will look in the Fort tomorrow, Argos is one of the few good shops we have
Me too.
Thanks for sharing, NR.
FYI

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/pa...202272.htm
Just reserved myself one to collect tomorrow.
Just keep your eyes open for 40 gal drums in free ads paper. I always seem to get them where they have not had the top cut off, still have the screw fitting and the are always labled as to what they had in them. I always seem to get ones that had concentrated fruit juice in. Normally £5 each. Much tougher than the argos stuff too.
Well BDG, I would appreciate some help in getting hold of a couple of those.
400 litres of water is not to be sniffed at if I can get them.
I am happy to PM you.

Of course if you are too far away from me it may not be feasible but let's see what is possible...

Thank you.
I am in the North East. As I said, look in your local ad paper if you have one. You can pick them up on Ebay too, get them delivered on a pallet but pallet delivery is normally £50, but you may live close to one of the sellers. You might also find it easy to contact someone at the local allotment association, they should have contacts local to you for them.
Thank you much, Sir. Will be looking into it.
Just a quick question from a newbie?
What would you use the collected rain water for? Would or could you filter it for drinking water or just use for cleaning ect? O n how long could you store the water if for drinking?
(19 November 2012, 22:46)Terro Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick question from a newbie?
What would you use the collected rain water for? Would or could you filter it for drinking water or just use for cleaning ect? O n how long could you store the water if for drinking?

If you cannot purify or filter it or boil it then it gets used for laundry, flushing loos and watering gardens, but most of us have kit or stuff to filter / purify water collected from the roof guttering so we can wash, cook and drink it.

Mine shares the same shelf as my plastic Berkfield water filter setup.

But on this instance I have bought the butt just to store extra tap water in case of an emergency, so it wont be getting connected to any gutters until we are well into a crisis
Pages: 1 2