Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Knoydart Peninsula !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dont think these folks are actually ON the Peninsula, they say " near" the Peninsula !!!
Dunno enough about the area to even hazard a guess, but looking at google earth it looks pretty darn unhospitable for lil ole me !!!! I know very little about the land of the Scots cept to comment I like the look of Findhorn eco village Smile Co Durham is good enough for lil ole me.
You may be `Northern Raider`, but we dont hold onto Reivers any more,..we promise to let you go again
(17 November 2012, 23:20)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]You may be `Northern Raider`, but we dont hold onto Reivers any more,..we promise to let you go again

Aye just like you woad wearers kept promising to not keep invading England Smile, For the southern members if you ever visit the NE from Durham to the Scots border note how nearly all the farm houses with built with 3 ft thick walls with arrow slits in them, and the cellar was used to keep our cattle from being " borrowed" from the chaps north of the Antonine wall.
The invasion still goes on today, every year an army of Scots decends on the northern counties to loot and pillage, I think they now call it Scots Factory Fortnight !!! Smile
The Highlanders also used to swipe the Virgin maidens from an area including Berwick to Gateshead, that only stopped cos there has not been a virgin seen on Tyneside aged over 16 for decades Smile Smile
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Pages: 1 2