Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Ice Age Lifestyle?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(19 November 2012, 13:48)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I'm not fussed about the cold. Love it, to be fair. But the wife turns blue and purple every time the temp drops a little.

For me, I love a nice ice bath (after training) so am okay with being chilled. She can't cope with my version of a 'normal' bath (just warm enough for me). Her bath's are like stepping into lava!!! Give me a lukewarm bath, and I'm as happy as can be. Give me an ice bath, and I'm cool with that. But her....she freezes at temps that I think are 'just right'. We were at Woolacombe a little while back, I was swimming in the sea for about 2 hours. Her hands were turning blue when waist deep!!!

The candles are for her. They make her feel like the house is warmer. Whether it offsets the cold coming in....probably not. But it makes her feel better, so I'm okay with that.

My girlfriend is the same, I used the shower after her and got scolded by the water. I don't think she might complain about being cold if she was covered in petrol and set on fire!

I only start complaining about the cold when I can see my breath inside!
i put silver foil on cardboard behind the rads saves alot
I hate the cold. Here on the frosty banks of the tyne I regularly wear thermals in winter, all winter. Plus calor gas heater & camping gaz heaters on the go. Just a shame I live in a council house, I would have a wood stove otherwise. Although I'm still planning one in my conservatory I'm building next year. Sorry I mean "lean-to style grow room" as specified on planning application form. Smile
(19 November 2012, 14:02)Neuralsandwich Wrote: [ -> ]My girlfriend is the same, I used the shower after her and got scolded by the water. I don't think she might complain about being cold if she was covered in petrol and set on fire!

I only start complaining about the cold when I can see my breath inside!

I don't even get bothered by that. That's usually when it's time to wear more than a tshirt and jeans. I just pop on a hoodie or something....like right now. No joke, I can see my breath, and it's spot on 3pm!!!
i dont like icy cold, but i love walking in the snow!Big Grin
(19 November 2012, 16:03)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]i dont like icy cold, but i love walking in the snow!Big Grin

With a snowboard over your shoulder!!! NOTHING BETTER!!!!!!
Well you must be an Eskimo then S13! haha.

I love the winter love the snow, but I need to be able to get out of bed for work. When it is freezing when I get out of bed, I want to go back to bed... Not a good idea when I need to get somewhere. Oh well Tongue
(19 November 2012, 16:16)Neuralsandwich Wrote: [ -> ]Well you must be an Eskimo then S13! haha.

I love the winter love the snow, but I need to be able to get out of bed for work. When it is freezing when I get out of bed, I want to go back to bed... Not a good idea when I need to get somewhere. Oh well Tongue

Getting out of that nice warm bed is the hardest thing on earth!!! When it's snowy outside, as much as I love being out in it, I just as much enjoy the feeling of snuggling up, and watching the snow fall. If I'm on the mountains for a few days, I make sure I check the weather and try to get 1 day just snuggled in bed looking out the window, or on the sofa wrapped in bed covers, near a fire, watching people enjoy the slopes! That's usually best to do the day before you leave. That way you get a day to dry your stuff off before you travel home.
(19 November 2012, 13:30)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]You can also buy a couple of the foil coated foam insulation panels and cut them to fit your window frame,

actually that isn't a bad idea to have around now. you could have them pre cut for your windows and spray the no foiled side black. If the shtf during winter you could put those in at night to keep the heat in and black out light from your rooms.
I grew up in a house built in 1804, not even a bag of cement in it, all lime mix, single glazed, ice on the inside of all windows in the winter,,.... I nice looking fire in the front room that burnt your front while leaving your back icy cold,...and to top it all the house wasnt big enough,...I had to sleep on the landing til I joined the Army,... I understand all the complaints of cold houses

Only sold the place about 20 years ago
Pages: 1 2 3