Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Mods for a Series 3 2.25 petrol Landy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the title really - anyone know of any interesting / necessary mods for a 1973 Series 3 Landy?

I spotted that I can hand crank it to start it Big Grin

I'm thinking of upgrading the brakes to discs at the front. I'll leave the suspension as it is. It's got a rag top at the moment, but I might switch that for a pickup top or truck top (depending on what I can find on fleabay for a decent price)

Best thing: No ECU or delicate electrickery to worry about!
SumpGuard
Second Fuel Tank
Add another spare wheel either to bonnet or back door
Fit a Snorkel
Fit a Landy back door mounted cooker
Fit an Oztent
Towbar
3/4 ton nato trailer with Maggiolina roof tent.
Stainless exhaust
Uprated alternator
Second battery
Winch
Roof top tent if you dont weant a trailer
If its still got cheap wire hoseclips change em for proper jubiliee clips
Set aside
Plugs
Leads
Dist Cap
Rotor arm
fuses
bulbs
belts
Waterproof the ignition a must, fit breather pipes pointless having a snorkel else, roll cage if its a rag top, increase the ground clearence by fitting bigger tyres, maybe a bodylift.
I'm sorely tempted to drop a 200TDI engine in there. 18mpg with the petrol engine in there!

Not sure I can get a body lift without changing the springs. Although spotted some parabolic ones that would fit nicely and improve the ride. I think brakes are the first thing on the list, along with a new pickup top.
Fit a secondary heater my S3 was awful in the heating deptment until i fitted a hot air blower that run indepent of the engine
(20 November 2012, 16:36)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorely tempted to drop a 200TDI engine in there. 18mpg with the petrol engine in there!

Not sure I can get a body lift without changing the springs. Although spotted some parabolic ones that would fit nicely and improve the ride. I think brakes are the first thing on the list, along with a new pickup top.

Yuk, stick a 2.5 litre DI engine into it out of a Transit, get 30 MPG instead and they last forever once you scrap the gas recirc system bits.
Just looking at MIG welders now...
I've got one. 1981. Like it just as it is. As BM says, nice and simple. No electronics. The only thing I'd love for mine is a power take-off adapter for the transfer box. The vehicle is prepped for it. Just a simple case of bolting it on, but they're like Rocking Horse S**t as far as I can see.
Check this out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJzz8aU3Ztw

There's a part 2 as well.Smile
I would second or third a 200tdi. Have seen it done where the engine is transplanted in without the turbo, returns very good economy but retains more than enough performance.

How much you going to spend on a Mig welder?
(21 November 2012, 00:33)Tarrel Wrote: [ -> ]I've got one. 1981. Like it just as it is. As BM says, nice and simple. No electronics. The only thing I'd love for mine is a power take-off adapter for the transfer box. The vehicle is prepped for it. Just a simple case of bolting it on, but they're like Rocking Horse S**t as far as I can see.
Check this out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJzz8aU3Ztw

There's a part 2 as well.Smile

Aye, I've been looking for the PTO adapter too. Found a couple of tools, but not the actual adapter.

~Thanks for the link, cool vid.

As for teh mig welder, I've found a cheap one on fleabay for £120 - £150ish. BUT, they are cheap, so don't know if they'll be any good at all?
Pages: 1 2